Liberty to Open ASUN Championship Play on Tuesday
ASUN Baseball Championship
Fort Myers, Fla.
Tuesday – No. 4 seed FGCU – 11 a.m.
Wednesday – No. 3 seed Kennesaw State – 11 a.m.
Thursday – No. 2 seed Lipscomb – 11 a.m.
Friday – Semifinals – 11 a.m. or 3 p.m
Saturday – Champion Game – 1 p.m.
LFSN Video Coverage: ESPN+
LFSN Radio Coverage: 93.3FM ESPN Radio/Online Audio
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
• The No. 1 seed Liberty Flames will face host FGCU, Kennesaw State and Lipscomb in Pool A when the ASUN Baseball Championship gets underway at Swanson Stadium in Fort Myers, Fla., Tuesday-Thursday. Three of the four teams will move on to the semifinals along with the winner of Pool B on Friday, with the winners meeting in the title contest on Saturday.
• Liberty has made the ASUN title game in each of its two seasons in the ASUN and won the ASUN title in their first year in the conference in 2019. The Flames are 9-3 at the ASUN Championship.
• Liberty, 33-20 overall, finished the regular season tied with Kennesaw State for first place in the ASUN East Division with a 19-11 conference record.
• Head Coach Scott Jackson is in his sixth season at Liberty. The 2021 ASUN Coach of the Year has led the Flames to a 191-113 record and NCAA Regional appearances in 2019 and 2021 during his tenure.
2022 ASUN Championship
• The 2022 ASUN Baseball Championship will feature eight teams in pool play. The teams will be split into four-team pools. The top three teams from Pool A and the winner of Pool B will advance to the semifinals on Friday. The winners will meet for the title game on Saturday.
• Pool A will have Liberty, Lipscomb, Kennesaw State and FGCU.
• Pool B will have Jacksonville, Eastern Kentucky, North Florida and Jacksonville State.
ASUN Tournament Schedule
Tuesday, May 24
11 a.m.: Eastern Kentucky vs. North Florida – JetBlue Park
11 a.m.: Liberty vs. FGCU
3 p.m.: Lipscomb vs. Kennesaw State
7 p.m.: Jacksonville vs. Jacksonville State
Wednesday, May 25
11 a.m.: Eastern Kentucky vs. Jacksonville State – JetBlue Park
11 a.m.: Liberty vs. Kennesaw State
3 p.m.: Lipscomb vs. FGCU
7 p.m.: Jacksonville vs. North Florida
Thursday, May 26,
11 a.m.: North Florida vs. Jacksonville State (if necessary) – JetBlue Park
11 a.m.: Liberty vs. Lipscomb
3 p.m.: Kennesaw State vs. FGCU
7 p.m. Jacksonville vs. Eastern Kentucky (if necessary)
Friday, May 27 – Semifinals
11 a.m.: Pool A Winner vs. Pool B Winner
3 p.m. Pool A Runner-Up vs. Pool A Third-Place Finisher
Saturday, May 28
1 p.m.: ASUN Championship: Semifinal Winners
* – All games will be played at Swanson Stadium unless otherwise noted
Liberty in the ASUN Tournament
• The Flames have qualified for the ASUN Baseball Championship in each of its three seasons in the ASUN Conference.
• Liberty has played in the title game every year since joining the ASUN in 2019. The Flames won the 2019 ASUN title in its first season in the league. The 2019 Flames were the first team to capture the ASUN title in their first year in the conference since UCF in 1993.
• Liberty was the No. 1 seed for the ASUN North Division last season and in 2019 was the tournament’s No. 2 seed.
• The Flames have posted a 7-3 record in its two seasons in ASUN postseason play.
Strikeout Record About to Fall
• The Flames have struck out 552 batters during 2022 and are only six away from setting a new program record for strikeouts in a season. The current school record of 557 was set by the 2019 Liberty pitching staff.
• The 2019 Flames set the program mark in 64 games, averaging 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings. The 2022 Flames have their total in 53 games and are averaging 14.07 strikeouts per nine innings.
• Liberty enters the week 18th in the county in strikeouts per nine innings.