Liberty to Meet In-State Foes VCU and Richmond, Friday and Sunday
Live Video: Liberty vs. Richmond
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. Richmond
Liberty Women’s Tennis Game Day Central Page
Liberty Women’s Tennis Twitter
Liberty Women’s Tennis Facebook
Liberty Women’s Tennis Instagram
ASUN Women’s Tennis Home Page
Liberty will meet a pair of in-state foes, VCU and Richmond, this weekend on the tennis court.
The Lady Flames (2-2) will first travel to Richmond to play a road match at VCU (3-1), Friday. Match time is 2 p.m. at the Thalimer Tennis Center. Liberty returns home for a Sunday afternoon matchup against Richmond (0-2). The Lady Flames and Spiders will square off at 1 p.m. at the Liberty Indoor Tennis Center.
Liberty brings a two-match winning streak into the weekend after a pair of home victories over Campbell (7-0 final) and Georgetown (6-1 final), last Saturday.
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty is a perfect 7-0 all-time at the Liberty Indoor Tennis Center. In those seven matches, the Lady Flames have outscored their counterparts 40-8.
• VCU holds a 3-0 edge in the all-time series with Liberty. The Rams handed the Lady Flames one of only two home losses in 2021 at the Liberty Tennis Complex. Liberty is 0-1 all-time in road matches versus the Rams, falling 5-2 in 2019.
• Liberty is 4-3 all-time against Richmond. The Lady Flames and Spiders most recently met a season ago (Feb. 24, 2021) a 4-3 road victory for Liberty.
• Tiffany Nguyen was the only Liberty player to post a 4-0 combined record (2-0 doubles, 2-0 singles) last weekend against Campbell and Georgetown. The sophomore sports an 8-4 overall doubles record in 2021-22 and is 7-4 in singles as well.
• Sophomore Esther Lovato, in her third season at Liberty, is 52-9 all-time in singles for a .852 winning percentage. That mark is the best in school history for players with 20 or more career victories. Lovato is 11-3 this year and 2-1 in spring competition.
• Freshman Maria Juliana Parra Romero is the team leader in singles win this season with 14. She holds a 14-3 mark and is 3-1 so far this spring (2-1 at No. 2, 1-0 at No. 3).
• The Lady Flames were picked to finish third in the conference in the 2022 ASUN Women’s Tennis Preseason Coaches Poll, behind only North Florida (No. 1) and FGCU (No. 2).