Liberty to Host North Florida, Stetson in Final 2 Regular Season Matches
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. North Florida
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. Stetson
Liberty Women’s Tennis Game Day Central Page
Liberty Women’s Tennis Twitter
Liberty Women’s Tennis Facebook
Liberty Women’s Tennis Instagram
ASUN Women’s Tennis Home Page
ASUN co-leader Liberty will host league foes North Florida and Stetson in its final two regular season matches, Thursday and Saturday.
The Lady Flames (17-5, 6-1 ASUN) will take on six-time ASUN defending champion North Florida (12-8, 6-1 ASUN) on Thursday. First serve is 11 a.m. from the Liberty Tennis Complex.
On Saturday, Liberty will face Stetson (18-2, 6-1 ASUN) in its final regular season match at 11 a.m. Saturday is Senior Day for Liberty. Prior to the match, the program will honor Kalani Soli and Eloise Saraty with a special ceremony.
Liberty (6-1), North Florida (6-1), Stetson (6-1) and FGCU (6-1) all sport 6-1 conference records heading into the final weekend of ASUN play with next weekend’s ASUN Championship looming. The Lady Flames have already secured their spot in the ASUN Championship field.
The Lady Flames swept Bellarmine 7-0 in their most recent match, last Friday. The UNF Ospreys edged Central Arkansas 4-3 in their last match, while the Stetson Hatters downed North Alabama 7-0.
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty is 8-0 in home matches this season. The Lady Flames have not lost at the Liberty Tennis Complex since April 14, 2021, a 5-2 setback to Virginia Tech. Liberty is 28-3 on its home courts since 2019.
• Liberty is 1-0 all-time against UNF. The Lady Flames edged the Ospreys 4-3 on April 6, 2019 in what was the first-ever match between the two squads. The Lady Flames moved into first place in the ASUN with that win and eventually clinched a share of the conference’s regular season title. Liberty earned the No. 1 seed for the ASUN Championship in their first year in the league.
• The Lady Flames are also 1-0 all-time versus Stetson. Liberty swept the Hatters 7-0 in the inaugural meeting on April 4, 2019 in Lynchburg.
• Senior Kalani Soli is the only Lady Flame on the current team that competed against UNF and Stetson in 2019. Soli was 2-0 at No. 2 singles against those two teams and 1-1 in the No. 2 slot with partner Grace Hashiguchi.
• Sophomore Esther Lovato (25-4 overall, 16-2 spring) and freshman Maria Juliana Parra Romero (25-4 overall, 14-2 spring) pace Liberty in singles victories this season. Lovato and Parra Romero are the first duo in school history to win 25 or more matches each in a season.
• Liberty currently has 17 victories, fourth most in a single season in program history. The school record is 19 wins, held by the 2015 squad.
• The Lady Flames have captured the doubles point in nine straight matches, a streak which started on March 13.
• Liberty captured a share of the ASUN regular season title in 2019 and earned the No. 1 seed for the ASUN Women’s Tennis Championship that year. In 2021, the Lady Flames posted a 6-0 mark in ASUN North Division play and earned the North Division’s top seed.
• Since starting the season with a 2-3 record, Liberty has won 15 of its last 17 matches.
• The Ospreys feature a ranked doubles squad, No. 28 Kat Gulihur and Anna Paula Melilo. Gulihur is also the No. 45-ranked singles player in the country. Liberty’s Lovato is the only player on the current roster to have achieved a national ranking. She broke into the national singles rankings in the No. 123 spot on March 24, 2021.
• The 2022 ASUN Women’s Tennis Championship will be hosted by FGCU, April 22-24 at the FGCU Tennis Complex in Fort Myers, Fla. The Lady Flames are 1-2 all-time in ASUN Championship play and are in search of their first conference title in program history.