Liberty to Host JMU and Longwood in Doubleheader
Live Video: Liberty vs. James Madison (10 a.m.)
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. James Madison (10 a.m.)
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. Longwood (3 p.m.)
Liberty Women’s Tennis Game Day Central Page
Liberty Women’s Tennis Twitter
Liberty Women’s Tennis Facebook
Liberty Women’s Tennis Instagram
ASUN Women’s Tennis Home Page
The Liberty women’s tennis team will host its second doubleheader of the year, Saturday. The Lady Flames (3-3) will square off with James Madison (2-3) at 10 a.m., followed by a 3 p.m. contest versus Longwood (0-3).
Liberty’s morning match against the JMU Dukes will be held at the Liberty Indoor Tennis Center. The Lady Flames’ second contest of the day against the Longwood Lancers will be played outdoors at the stadium courts of the Liberty Tennis Complex.
Liberty is coming off a 4-0 victory over Richmond, last Sunday the Liberty Indoor Tennis Center. The Lady Flames are 3-0 at home this season. JMU will also be looking for back-to-back wins after the Dukes defeated Cornell 5-2 on Sunday at home. Longwood is in search of its first win of the season. The Lancers fell 5-2 to Saint Francis (Pa.) in their most recent contest.
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty is 6-6 all-time against JMU. The Lady Flames and Dukes most recently met on March 3, 2019, a 5-2 Liberty road win in Harrisonburg, Va.
• Liberty and Longwood have met 19 times, with the Lady Flames winning 15 of those matches. The Lady Flames and Lancers last met on Super Bowl Sunday a year ago (Feb. 7, 2021). Liberty swept Longwood 7-0 in both matches.
• Liberty is a perfect 8-0 all-time at the Liberty Indoor Tennis Center. In those eight matches, the Lady Flames have outscored their opposition 44-8.
• Junior Marina Davtyan has made an immediate impact in her return to the lineup. The Yerevan, Armenia native is 3-0 in singles so far this spring, winning matches in the No. 3, No. 4 and No. 6 slots in the lineup.
• Freshman Maria Juliana Parra Romero is 3-1 in spring singles contests, holding a 2-1 record in the No. 2 slot and 1-0 mark in the No. 3 position. Parra Romero leads the squad with a 14-3 singles record in her first season at Liberty.
• Esther Lovato is putting together another strong season for the Lady Flames. The sophomore is 11-4 overall in singles and 2-2 this spring. In three seasons at Liberty, she has a combined 52-10 singles record for a .839 winning percentage.
• In doubles, Tiffany Nguyen and Maretha Burger hold a 2-0 mark in the No. 1 spot in the lineup. Elsa Kirch and Eloise Saraty are also 2-0, winning once at No. 2 and once in the No. 3 spot.