Liberty to Host High Point on Saturday Afternoon
Live Stats: Liberty vs. High Point
Liberty Women’s Lacrosse Game Day Central Page
Liberty Women’s Lacrosse Instagram
Liberty Women’s Lacrosse Twitter
ASUN Women’s Lacrosse Home Page
Liberty will return home to host former Big South foe High Point in non-conference action, Saturday afternoon. Game time is noon at the Liberty Lacrosse Field.
The Lady Flames sport a 5-4 record and have won their last two games, both on the road, defeating Cal (17-13 final on March 13) and Cincinnati (16-12 final last Sunday). The Panthers bring a 1-6 record into the contest. High Point fell 23-9 to No. 1 North Carolina, Wednesday.
Liberty defeated High Point 14-13 on the road in 2021 for its second-ever win in the series.
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty is second in the country in caused turnovers per game (13.22) and third in ground balls per game (21.00). Leading the charge for the Lady Flames is redshirt senior Hannah Quast. Quast No. 21 nationally in caused turnovers per game (1.78) and No. 24 in ground balls per game (2.78).
• Liberty’s top two goal scorers are Jordan Baerga with 22 goals and Mackenzie Lehman with 21. Lehman is No. 12 in the nation in shot percentage (.618), while Baerga ranks 15th (.611). Attacker Brooke Bryan, who ranks third on the squad with 15 goals, checks in at No. 21 in the country in free-position goals per game (1.00).
• The Lady Flames feature six players with 10 or more goals: Baerga (22), Lehman (21), Bryan (15), Cami Merkel (14), Olivia Glaze (12) and Mia Toscano (10).
• Liberty’s strongest quarter this season has been the fourth period. The Lady Flames have outscored their counterparts 38-21 during that frame.
• The Panthers have taken nine of the 11 all-time meetings with the Lady Flames. This is High Point’s first trip to Lynchburg in nearly five years (April 15, 2017).
• Saturday’s game starts a four-game homestand for the Lady Flames. Liberty will also host No. 8 Duke (next Tuesday), Delaware State (April 2) and Stetson (April 9) as well.