Liberty to Host Kennesaw State in ASUN Series to End Regular Season
KENNESAW STATE AT LIBERTY
Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium
Thursday – 6 p.m.
Friday – 4 p.m.
Saturday – 1 P.m.
LFSN Video Coverage: ESPN+
LFSN Radio Coverage: 93.3FM ESPN Radio/Online Audio
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
• The Liberty Flames host the Kennesaw State Owls in the final three games of the 2022 regular season for both teams at Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium, May 19-21.
• Liberty enters the weekend with a 32-18 overall and an ASUN East Division-leading 18-9 mark. The Flames lead Kennesaw State by one game in the division starting the weekend series. Liberty clinches the division and the top seed in next week’s ASUN Tournament in Fort Myers, Fla. with two victories.
• Liberty has already clinched a spot in next week’s ASUN Tournament and will play in Pool A next week.
• The Flames took the previous meeting between the two teams in Kennesaw, Ga., earlier this season (April 14-15). Liberty won the first two games of the season, before falling in the second game of a doubleheader and the series finale.
• Head Coach Scott Jackson is in his sixth season at Liberty. The 2021 ASUN Coach of the Year has led the Flames to a 190-111 record and NCAA Regional appearances in 2019 and 2021 during his tenure.
Home Sweet Home
• Liberty enters the weekend with a 19-6 record at Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium in 2022.
• The Flames have won nine out of their last 11 games at home.
• Liberty has posted a 200-70 (.741) all-time since the facility opened in 2013 and is 78-15 (.839) at home since 2019.
• The Flames have won 45 out of their last 53 games (45-8) at Liberty Baseball Stadium.
• Last year, the Flames finished the year with a 24-2 (.923) record at Liberty Baseball Stadium. The mark is the best home mark for the Flames in program history, topping the 16-2-1 (.868) set in 1979 at Worthington Stadium.
Recognizing the Graduates
• Saturday afternoon, the Liberty baseball program will recognize the 13 Flames who finishing their baseball and academic careers this season before their final regular season home game of the year.
• The Flames will honor Joe Adametz III, Aaron Anderson, Drew Baughman, Dylan Cumming, David Erickson, Tyler Germanowski, Brady Gulakowski, Josh Haney, Stephen Hill, Logan Mathieu, Tim Miller, Derek Orndorff and
Landon Riley for their contributions to the program.
Flames Blast Six Home Runs to Clinch ASUN Tournament Berth
• Liberty hit a season-high six home runs in a 23-3 drubbing of host FGCU, this past Saturday at Swanson Stadium in Fort Myers, Fla. With the win, the Flames wrapped up a spot in the 2022 ASUN Tournament.
• Third baseman Cameron Foster, who also hit a home run in Friday’s series opener, belted two home runs in the contest, while catcher Gray Betts, designated hitter Brady Gulakowski, first baseman Logan Mathieu and left fielder Three Hillier also homered for the Flames in the contest.
• The last time that Liberty hit six home runs in a game was in a 19-6 victory over Fordham at Worthington Stadium on March 18, 2009.
• The program record for home runs in a single game is seven, hit in a 20-6 win at UNC Asheville on April 15, 1986 and in a 17-7 victory over UMBC at Worthington Stadium on March 27, 1998.