Liberty to Face No. 23 James Madison at Home, Wednesday
Live Video (ESPN+)
Liberty Women's Lacrosse Game Day Central Page
Liberty Women's Lacrosse Instagram
Liberty Women's Lacrosse Twitter
ASUN Women's Lacrosse Home Page
Liberty will look to continue its success of late when it welcomes No. 23 James Madison to town on Wednesday. First draw is set for 5 p.m. at the Liberty Lacrosse Field.
The Lady Flames (5-4) enter tomorrow's non-conference contest having won four of their last contests. Most recently, Liberty topped Delaware State 24-2 last Friday on the Lady Flames' home turf, where they are 3-1 this season.
James Madison (4-3, 0-1 CAA) is looking to snap a two-game losing skid. The Dukes lost both of those games to top-10 teams in No. 1 North Carolina (15-5 final, March 21) and No. 8 Virginia (15-12 final, last Friday).
The Lady Flames are 0-1 all-time against the Dukes. The two programs met on March 25, 2015 in Harrisonburg, Va., an 18-5 JMU win.
Due to COVID-19 protocols, attendance at the Liberty Lacrosse Field will be restricted to only home and visiting team player guests via a pass list. On game day, the pass list table will open 60 minutes before game time. There will be a tent at the center of the Campus East Fields where team guests can check in.
Masks and social distancing of six feet or more from anyone not in a family or party are required at all times. More game day information and policies can be found at LibertyFlames.com/gameday.
For media outlets interested in covering the game, please contact Assistant Athletics Communications Director Bill Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance so your needs can be accommodated.
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty leads the country in caused turnovers per game at 15.22 per contest. The Lady Flames average nearly two caused turnovers per game more than second place Denver (13.29). The Lady Flames' Sarah Steenson ranks No. 16 in the nation in caused turnovers per game (2.12).
• The Lady Flames were picked to finish second in the ASUN Women's Lacrosse Preseason Coaches Poll. The Dukes were predicted to win the CAA South Division. James Madison won the 2018 Division I Women's Lacrosse Championship title.
• This will be Liberty's third matchup against a nationally-ranked foe in 2021. The Lady Flames faced No. 18 Virginia Tech at home in the season opener (Feb. 12) and battled No. 4 Notre Dame on the road, March 19.
• The Lady Flames have not lost at the Liberty Lacrosse Field since March 2, 2019. Liberty is 11-0 during that stretch. The Lady Flames' only home loss since 2019 was this year at the Indoor Practice Facility, a 13-5 setback to No. 18 Virginia Tech (Feb. 12).
• Liberty's Brooke Bryan paces the squad in goals (19) and points (23). Leah Ruby ranks second in goals (13), first in assists (9) and second in points (22). Thirteen Lady Flames have scored four or more goals this season.