Liberty Starts Out Strong on Day One of Senior Meet Against Campbell
Liberty leads Campbell 26-9 after one night of competition, Friday at Liberty Natatorium. The Lady Flames claimed both the 1650 freestyle (Isabelle Gomez) and three-meter diving (Mary Herndon). The rest of the meet will be air on ESPN+, beginning tomorrow at 11 a.m.
Liberty Event Winners
• Fr. Isabelle Gomez – 1650 freestyle (17:09.52)
• Fr. Mary Herndon – Three-meter diving (6) (293.55)
• Gomez earned her first career individual-event victory, winning the 1650 freestyle in a season-best 17:09.52.
• Herndon won three-meter diving for the second week in a row, scoring 293.55. Meagan Tuohy (260.10) took second while Elizabeth Mumau (223.88) placed third, with Tuohy and Mumau both posting season-best scores.
• In six years of facility history, this is the 14th time, and second this season, that Campbell has competed at Liberty Natatorium.
• With her 17:09.52 tonight, Gomez ranks ninth in program history in the 1650 freestyle.
• Tuohy moved into sixth place on the program’s all-time top 10 performers list in three-meter diving with her 260.10 score tonight.
The Lady Flames and Camels will wrap up this weekend’s meet tomorrow at 11 a.m., with the action airing on ESPN+. Liberty will honor its six seniors – Hannah Huenefeld, Maggie Huenefeld, Alexis Plogger, Jessica Schellenboom, Rachel Strickland and Eva Suggs – with a senior day ceremony prior to the start of the meet.
Featured in photo: Isabelle Gomez