Liberty Returns Home to Face UMES
After four games away from Lynchburg, Liberty men’s basketball returns to Liberty Arena to face Maryland Eastern Shore. This will be the first game of a three-game homestand for the Flames, as they look to extend their 38-game winning streak at home.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. Maryland Eastern Shore
Game Date: Saturday, Nov. 25
Game Time: 5 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: N/A
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Color Analyst: Paul Nazigian
- Liberty ranks No. 19 in the country in scoring defense, allowing 55.8 points per game.
- Darius McGhee ranks No. 2 in the ASUN, averaging 18.2 points per game.
- Keegan McDowell is shooting 50 percent from the three-point range, which ranks No. 33 in Division I.
- Liberty has 84 wins the last three seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the first program in ASUN history to win six ASUN championships in three consecutive years.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.
- Liberty has played in four straight conference championship games.
- Liberty is one of eight programs in the country to wins 20+ games in each of the last five seasons.
- McGhee has won 84 career games, which is 20 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- For the first time in program history, Liberty has back-to-back Conference Player of the Year honorees in McGhee and Caleb Homesley (2020).