Liberty Hosts Jacksonville in ASUN Showdown
Liberty and Jacksonville will square off Tuesday night at Liberty Arena, as the Flames and the Dolphins are two of the five teams in the ASUN Conference that remain undefeated during conference play. The matchup features two of the top defenses in the country and Jacksonville ranks No. 1 in the country in scoring defense while Liberty ranks No. 22.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. Jacksonville
Game Date: Tuesday, Jan. 18
Game Time: 7 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPN+
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Matt Warner
Color Analyst: Paul Nazigian
Sideline Reporter: Emily Austen
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty has 94 wins the last four seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Jacksonville and Liberty are the two best scoring defenses in the ASUN Conference as JU ranks No. 1 in Division I and Liberty ranks No. 22.
- Darius McGhee has made more three-pointers (73) than 17 schools in the country this season.
- McGhee’s 48 points at FGCU was the most points by a Division I player this season.
- McGhee was named to the Lou Henson Award Mid-Season Watch List.
- McGhee has made 297 career three-pointers, which ranks No. 15 among active players in Division I.
- McGhee ranks No. 3 in the country in 3FG Made (73), total points (410) and ranks in No. 8 in points per game (22.8).
- McGhee has won 94 career games, which is 10 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.