Liberty Hosts Elon on Tuesday, Travels to East Carolina on Wednesday
ELON AT LIBERTY
Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium
Tuesday – 4 p.m.
LIBERTY AT NO. 22 EAST CAROLINA
Wednesday – 4 p.m.
Television Coverage – Wednesday: Pirates All-Access
LFSN Audio Coverage: Liberty Online Audio
Live Stats: StatsBroadcast
• Liberty enters the week having won six in a row and seven out of its last eight games. The Flames swept a three-game series from Marist at Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium, this past weekend.
• With their sweep over Marist, the Flames run their record to 7-1 at Liberty Baseball Stadium. Last season, head coach Scott Jackson's team posted a 25-5 mark at home, its best mark in the seven-year history of the facility.
• On Saturday, Liberty pitchers Noah Skirrow, Troy Britts and Landon Riley combined to throw the fourth no-hitter in program history in a 6-4 victory over Marist. It was the first no-hitter by the Flames since 2000.
• Tuesday, the Flames will close out a nine-game homestand with Elon. Liberty and Elon will meet in a midweek contest for the fifth straight season. The Flames have won three of the last four meetings and hold a 19-12 advantage in the all-time series.
• Wednesday, East Carolina and Liberty will square off for the first time since 2017. The Pirates are ranked No. 22 in the nation by the National Collegiate Baseball Writers and No. 25 by Baseball Ameria. East Carolina leads the all-time series, 7-5.
• The Flames' road contest at East Carolina is their first since opening the season with a three-game series at Clemson.
Price Sets Career Appearance Mark
• With his appearance on Sunday, right-hander Garret Price made his 80th career appearance, surpassing Alex Dooley (1992-02) for the most career appearances in program history. Price has already made a team-high seven appearances this season.
• Price is also among Liberty's career strikeout leaders. The right-hander has struck 218 batters and is currently ninth all-time. Mike Brown (1994-97) holds the program career record with 287. He needs two more strikeouts to tie Lee Guetterman (1978-81) for eighth.
Out to Fast Start at Home
• The Flames have jumped out to a 7-1 record at Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium, this season.
• After starting the year on the road with a three-game series at Clemson, Liberty will finish a nine-game homestand to open the home portion of its schedule against Elon on Tuesday.
• Last year, the Flames posted a 25-5 record (.833) at Liberty Baseball Stadium, their best mark in the seven-year history of the facility. The record topped the 2014 Flames' 22-5 home mark (.815).
• The Flames have posted a 153-61 record at the facility since it opened in 2013. Liberty has averaged 20.5 wins per season at home during the first seven years of the stadium.