Liberty Hosts Bellarmine in ASUN Semifinals
For the first time since joining the ASUN Conference Liberty will host Bellarmine at Liberty Arena as the two will square off in the ASUN Semifinals. Liberty continues to be led by ASUN Player of the Year, Darius McGhee, who has set Liberty’s Division I record for most points scored in a single season with 791 points.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. Bellarmine
Game Date: Saturday, March 5
Game Time: 6 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPN+
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Matt Warner
Color Analyst: Paul Nazigian
Sideline Reporter: Emily Austen
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
· Liberty has 104 wins the last four seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
· Liberty has six games this season where they have won after being down by double-digits, which ranks as the second most in the country.
· Liberty has won 167 games over the last six seasons. Prior to Coach McKay, it took Liberty 13 seasons (404 games) to reach 166 wins, not including the 2008-2009 seasons McKay coached.
· Darius McGhee is the only Division I player in the last 30 seasons to score 790 points, grab 145 rebounds, record 115 assists, and make 135 three-pointers in a single season.
· McGhee is the first ASUN player to be named Conference Player of the Year in back-to-back seasons since 2017.
· McGhee has made more three-pointers (139) than 12 schools in the country this season.
· McGhee has scored double-figures in 28 straight games, which is the third longest streak in Division I.
· McGhee has made 363 career three-pointers, which ranks No. 5 among active players in Division I.
· McGhee ranks No. 1 in the country in 3FG Made (139), and total points (791), and No. 2 in points per game (24.7).
· McGhee has won 104 career games, tying the program record set by Elijah Cuffee.
· Keegan McDowell ranks No. 21 in Division I in three-point field goal percentage, shooting 41.8 percent.