Liberty Falls to North Florida in Double Overtime
Liberty saw its three-match winning streak snapped Thursday night at North Florida, falling to the Ospreys, 1-0, in double overtime. Liberty is now 10-5-1 this season and 5-2 in conference while North Florida improves to 9-3-2 and 4-2-1 in the ASUN.
106’ – NORTH FLORIDA – Thais Reiss (Penalty Kick)
Both teams struggled in the first half to develop an offensive rhythm as Liberty and North Florida combined for four shot attempts in the first 45 minutes of action. Liberty was able to limit North Florida on offense, as the Ospreys struggled to develop an offensive attack, attempting just five shots throughout the match. As the match headed into overtime, North Florida was awarded a penalty kick in double overtime, which Thais Reiss converted to give UNF the victory.
Key Stats & Notes
- Randi Palacios recorded one save.
- Liberty outshot North Florida 8-5.
- Liberty had 12 corner kicks, while UNF attempted two.
- Liberty had five shots on goal.
- Maddy Oliver attempted a game-high three shots.
- Liberty had six players attempt a shot.
Liberty will return home for its Senior Day on Sunday, Oct. 17, to take on FGCU. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. and can be seen on ESPN+.