Liberty Falls in ASUN Quarterfinals to Eastern Kentucky
Liberty had its season come to an end in heartbreaking fashion falling to Eastern Kentucky, 1-0, in the ASUN Championship Quarterfinals. Liberty ends the season with an 11-7-1 overall record and a 6-3 record in the ASUN Conference.
87’ – EKU – Maddy Lemery (Assists by Nerea de Diego and Gretta Gunn)
Liberty and Eastern Kentucky went back-and-forth all night, giving each other its best shot. Both teams combined for 29 shots. As the game progressed, Liberty’s offense continued to pick up, outshooting EKU 11-6 in the second half but was unable to score. In the 87th minute, Eastern Kentucky was able to score, giving the Colonels the game-winning goal.
Key Stats & Notes
- Randi Palacios recorded two saves.
- Liberty outshot Eastern Kentucky 16-13.
- Rachel DeRuby, Zoe Gaffney and Kasey Jamieson attempted a team-high two shots each.
- Eleven different players attempted a shot for Liberty.
- Liberty attempted two corner kicks while limiting EKU to one.
- Liberty’s 11 wins are the most for a program in a season since 2016.
- Liberty graduates eight seniors in Avery Belk, Zoe Gaffney, Lissi Gordon, Savannah Holmes, Madison Martin, Randi Palacios, Rebekah Vine and Brenna Warren.