Liberty Faces UNI in the Diamond Head Classic
Liberty heads to Honolulu, Hawai’i to participate in the Diamond Head Classic. The Flames will open the tournament against Northern Iowa at the Stan Sheriff Center, home of the University of Hawai’i.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. Northern Iowa
Game Date: Wednesday, Dec. 22
Game Time: 3 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPNU
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Kanoa Leahey
Color Analyst: Brooke Weisbrod
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty has 89 wins the last three seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Darius McGhee set the program record for most career three-pointers made on Dec. 13, breaking Ryan Kemrite’s record of 259 career three-pointers.
- McGhee has made 41 three-pointers, which ranks No. 6 in the country.
- McGhee has won 89 career games, which is 15 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- Liberty ranks No. 6 in the country in scoring defense, allowing 55.3 points per game.
- Keegan McDowell is shooting 45.6 percent from the three-point range, which ranks No. 27 in Division I.
- McDowell has scored double figures in seven games this season, already the most in a single season for McDowell during his collegiate career.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.
- Liberty is one of eight programs in the country to wins 20+ games in each of the last five seasons.
- Liberty has now had at least one Power 5 win in each of the last five seasons.