Liberty Faces Stephen F. Austin at Hall of Fame Classic
Liberty travels to Fort Worth, Texas for a mid-major showdown as the Flames face Stephen F. Austin in the Naismith Hall of Fame Classic. This will be the first of two games that Liberty will compete in the Naismith Hall of Fame contests, as Liberty will face East Carolina next week in the Hall of Fame Shootout. This will be the first-ever meeting between the Flames and the Lumberjacks.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. Stephen F. Austin
Game Date: Saturday, Dec. 11
Game Time: 7 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: FloSports
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty is one of three schools (Western Illinois & Rice) that has two players rank in the Top 50 in Three-Point FGs Made per game in Keegan McDowell (3.0) and Darius McGhee (3.12).
- Liberty has now had at least one Power 5 win in each of the last five seasons.
- Liberty has 87 wins the last three seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Liberty ranks No. 7 in the country in scoring defense, allowing 55.6 points per game.
- McDowell is shooting 53.3 percent from the three-point range, which ranks No. 7 in Division I.
- McDowell has scored double figures in seven games this season, already the most in a single season for McDowell during his collegiate career.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.
- Liberty is one of eight programs in the country to wins 20+ games in each of the last five seasons.
- McGhee has won 87 career games, which is 17 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.