Liberty Faces Kennesaw State in Regular Season Finale
As the final week of the regular season is here for Liberty women’s soccer, the Lady Flames have a crucial matchup on the road against Kennesaw State, to determine seedings for the ASUN Tournament. Liberty enters the game with six points in the ASUN East Division, just two points behind Kennesaw State, who leads the conference. This will be the first time the two schools have met since last season’s ASUN Championship, which Liberty came out victorious, 1-0, in overtime.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty at Kennesaw State
Game Date: Saturday, Oct. 23
Game Time: 1 p.m. (EST)
Location: Third Bank Stadium
Live Video: ESPN+
- Liberty has scored 32 goals this season, the most by a Liberty team since 2016 (41 goals).
- Liberty ranks first in the ASUN in goals scored.
- Liberty is one win away from tying its record for most ASUN wins in a single season (Six in 2019).
- Thirteen players have scored for Liberty this season, the most for a Liberty team since 2013.
- Liberty ranks No. 83 in the RPI, the second highest ranking in the ASUN (North Florida No. 75).
- Liberty has won 10 games in a season for the first time since 2019.
- Liberty ranks No. 47 in the country in goals against average (0.74).
- Randi Palacios ranks No. 57 in the country in goals against average (0.79).
- Liberty has two players ranked in the top five in goals scored this season in the ASUN Conference. Maddy Oliver ranks No. 4 (8) while Kasey Jamieson ranks No. 5 with six goals.
- Oliver is tied for No. 52 in the Nation in goals scored this season.
- Oliver ranks No. 4 in the ASUN with 18 points this season.
- Liberty is 8-1-1 the last two seasons when Meredith King records a point.
- Coach Wedemeyer became the 86th active Division I coach to reach 200 career wins on Sept. 23.