Liberty Faces FGCU on the Road
Liberty takes its unbeaten ASUN record on the road to FGCU for a showdown on Saturday at Alico Arena. Saturday’s matchup features two of the best three-point shooting teams in the ASUN Conference, as FGCU ranks No. 11 in Division I averaging 10.7 three-pointers per game while Liberty is at No. 16, making 10.2 per contest.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty at FGCU
Game Date: Saturday, Jan. 15
Game Time: 7 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty has 93 wins the last three seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Darius McGhee has made more three-pointers (65) than 16 schools in the country this season.
- McGhee was named to the Lou Henson Award Mid-Season Watch List.
- McGhee has made 289 career three-pointers, which ranks No. 23 among active players in Division I.
- McGhee ranks No. 3 in the country in 3FG Made (65), total points (362) and ranks in No. 8 in points per game (21.3).
- McGhee has won 93 career games, which is 11 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- Liberty ranks No. 19 in the country in scoring defense, allowing 59.8 points per game.
- Keegan McDowell is shooting 45.3 percent from the three-point range, which ranks No. 17 in Division I.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.
- Liberty is one of eight programs in the country to win 20+ games in each of the last five seasons.