Liberty Faces FGCU at Liberty Arena
Liberty begins its final homestand of the regular season starting on Wednesday, Feb. 23, against FGCU. The matchup features the top two scorers in the ASUN Conference, as Liberty’s Darius McGhee ranks No. 2 in the country, averaging 23.8 points per game, while FGCU’s Tavian Dunn-Martin ranks No. 19 in Division I averaging 20.0 points per game.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. FGCU
Game Date: Wednesday, Feb. 23
Game Time: 7 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPN+
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Matt Warner
Color Analyst: Paul Nazigian
Sideline Reporter: Emily Austen
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty has 102 wins the last four seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Liberty has five games this season where they have won after being down by double-digits.
- Liberty has won 165 games over the last six seasons. Prior to Coach McKay, it took Liberty 13 seasons (404 games) to reach 165 wins, not including the 2008-2009 seasons McKay coached.
- Liberty is one of two teams (Purdue) in the country to have four players shooting 40 percent or better from three-point range this season (Min. 50 attempts).
- Since 2017 starting with his last two seasons in high school at Blue Ridge, Darius McGhee has a 76-3 record at home.
- McGhee has made more three-pointers (129) than 11 schools in the country this season.
- McGhee has scored double-figures in 25 straight games, tied for the fourth longest streak in Division I.
- McGhee has made 353 career three-pointers, which ranks No. 7 among active players in Division I.
- McGhee ranks No. 1 in the country in 3FG Made (129), and total points (690), and No. 2 in points per game (23.8).
- McGhee has won 102 career games, which is 2 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- Keegan McDowell ranks No. 10 in Division I in three-point field goal percentage, shooting 43.6 percent.
- Kyle Rode ranks No. 33 in Division in assist/turnover ratio (2.43).