Liberty Faces East Carolina in the Hall of Fame Shootout
For the second straight week Liberty men’s basketball will compete in a Naismith Hall of Fame event as the Flames will square off against East Carolina in the Naismith Hall of Fame Shootout at the Spectrum Center, home of the Charlotte Hornets. This will be the second time in the last three seasons that Liberty has faced ECU.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. East Carolina
Game Date: Friday, Dec. 17
Game Time: 1:30 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPN+
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Doug Sherman
Color Analyst: Chris Spatola
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty’s four opponents that they have lost to this season have a combined record of 32-7.
- Darius McGhee set the program record for most career three-pointers made on Dec. 13, breaking Ryan Kemrite’s record of 259 career three-pointers.
- Liberty has 88 wins the last three seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Liberty ranks No. 3 in the country in scoring defense, allowing 54.4 points per game.
- Keegan McDowell is shooting 47.3 percent from the three-point range, which ranks No. 19 in Division I.
- McDowell has scored double figures in seven games this season, already the most in a single season for McDowell during his collegiate career.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.
- Liberty is one of eight programs in the country to wins 20+ games in each of the last five seasons.
- McGhee has won 88 career games, which is 16 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- Liberty has now had at least one Power 5 win in each of the last five seasons.