Liberty Faces BYU in the Diamond Head Classic Third Place Game
To close out the Diamond Head Classic, Liberty will face BYU on Christmas Day in the third-place game. This will be just the second time the Flames and Cougars have met on the hardwood, having previously faced off back in 2006.
Gameday Central Links
Liberty vs. BYU
Game Date: Saturday, Dec. 25
Game Time: 6:30 p.m. (ET)
Live Video: ESPN2
Live Audio: LFSN Radio (107.5 FM | 101.1 FM)
Play-by-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
- Liberty is 0-1 all-time against WCC opponents (lost to Portland on Nov. 11, 2007).
- Liberty has 90 wins the last three seasons, which ranks the third most in the country.
- Darius McGhee tied the Division I program record for most points in a single game (41) and scored the sixth most points ever in a single game in program history.
- McGhee has made 52 three-pointers, which ranks No. 1 in the country.
- McGhee is averaging 21.4 points per game, which ranks No. 6 in the country.
- McGhee has won 90 career games, which is 14 wins away from tying the program record, set by Elijah Cuffee.
- McGhee ranks No. 26 in the country among active Division I players with 276 career three-pointers.
- Liberty ranks No. 19 in the country in scoring defense, allowing 58.5 points per game.
- Keegan McDowell is shooting 44.9 percent from the three-point range, which ranks No. 26 in Division I.
- Liberty is the only team in the country in the last three seasons to win its regular season title and conference tournament title.
- Liberty is the second team ever in the ASUN Conference history to win three straight ASUN Tournament titles (Belmont won from 06-08).
- Liberty is trying to become the first team since Gonzaga (2013-18) to win four straight regular season titles and conference tournament titles.