Liberty Faces ASUN Opponents North Alabama and Jacksonville State This Weekend
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. North Alabama
Live Scoring: Liberty vs. Jacksonville State
Liberty Women’s Tennis Twitter
Liberty Women’s Tennis Facebook
Liberty Women’s Tennis Instagram
ASUN Women’s Tennis Home Page
The Lady Flames look to get back on track in the ASUN after a tough loss to Lipscomb on Saturday. Liberty (10-6, 1-1 ASUN) hosts North Alabama (6-8, 1-1 ASUN) at 11 a.m. Friday morning and then comes back Sunday at 10 a.m. to go up against Jacksonville State (13-3, 3-0 ASUN). Both matches will be held at the Liberty Tennis Complex.
After taking down Kennesaw State 6-1 in its ASUN opener last Friday, Liberty fell to Lipscomb 4-3 last Saturday night after holding a 3-0 lead in the match.
The Lady Flames look to continue their winning trends against the two programs. Liberty is 4-0 all-time against UNA. The Lady Flames defeated JSU 6-1 last year in what was the first-ever meeting between the two squads.
Liberty has rebounded well this season following a loss, posting a 6-0 record following a setback. The Lady Flames have shown their resilience having yet to lose two straight matches this spring.
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty looks to regain its national ranking after holding the recognition for three straight weeks. The Lady Flames broke into the national rankings in the No. 66 position on Feb. 28, their first team ranking in nearly nine years. Liberty was also ranked No. 68 in the nation (March 7) and No. 73 (March 14).
• Lady Flames’ junior Esther Lovato sits at 89 career singles wins, second most in program history. Her 89 wins put her four shy of breaking the program record of 92 by Evangeline Crist from 2015-18. The junior currently leads Liberty in wins this spring with 11.
• Liberty’s Maria Julianna Parra Romero has been in the No. 1 position for every match this spring. Parra Romero has earned a 10-2 record in singles for the Lady Flames.
• Tiffany Nguyen joins Parra Romero with 10 wins this spring (10-3). Nguyen is one of two Lady Flames coming off a 2-0 weekend in singles competition.
• Lady Flames senior Marina Davtyan (8-3) has been on fire of late, winning four straight matches along with two straight doubles wins playing with Lovato.
• The Lady Flames are 7-2 at home this year. Those victories have been over East Carolina (Jan. 28), Longwood (Jan. 28), Norfolk State (Feb. 10) and North Texas (Feb. 21), Navy (Feb. 25), William & Mary (March 5) and Kennesaw State last Friday. The Lady Flames look to improve from their 8-2 home record from last season.
• The UNA Lions and JSU Gamecocks faced off with one another Monday, with JSU taking the home victory, 6-1.