Liberty Divers Compete Well at UNCW
Liberty’s divers earned valuable experience on Saturday at UNCW’s Seahawk Aquatic Center, competing against UNCW and Old Dominion.
This weekend, Liberty split up its swimming & diving squads, as the Lady Flames’ swimmers defeated Campbell 131.5-125.5 last night in Buies Creek, N.C.
This morning's meet was a full dual meet for Old Dominion and UNCW, while Liberty sent its divers only to the meet.
• So. Abigail Egolf-Jensen (3-meter diving – 2nd place (241.30); 1-meter diving – 2nd place (234.35))
• Fr. Kaylyn Goehl (3-meter diving – 3rd place (207.35); 1-meter diving – 5th place (198.20))
• So. Allison Van Milligan (3-meter diving – 4th place (202.75); 1-meter diving – 4th place (204.45))
• Fr. Emily LaRocque (3-meter diving – 7th place (184.05); 1-meter diving – 7th place (183.35))
• Sr. Kendal Irwin (3-meter diving – 10th place (165.20); 1-meter diving – 9th place (167.45))
• This is the second season in a row that Liberty has had a split-squad weekend. On Jan. 19, the swimmers defeated UNC Asheville 136-129 in Asheville, N.C. and the divers downed Georgia Southern 31-7 in Statesboro, Ga.
• Freshman Kaylyn Goehl and Emily LaRocque received their first collegiate diving experience, while senior Kendal Irwin made her season debut.
• UNCW’s Courtney Klausen won both one-meter and three-meter diving, with Liberty’s Abigail Egolf-Jensen taking second on both boards.
• Van Milligan (204.45) became the 10th diver in program history to score 200 or more points in a six-dive program on one-meter.
• Goehl’s 207.35 on three-meter puts her in 10th place in program history in that event.
The Lady Flames will contest their first regular-season home meet of the season, hosting UNC Asheville at the Liberty Natatorium Oct. 25-26.