Lady Flames Wrap Up Last Chance Meet with B Cut Swims
Liberty swimmers turned in NCAA B qualifying times on Sunday, the last day of this weekend’s Liberty Last Chance Meet.
This weekend’s meet gives swimmers a chance to improve on their national seeding in advance of next week’s selections to the 2019 NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships. Selections for the NCAA Championships will take place on Wednesday.
Liberty’s Top Performers
• Sr. Alicia Finnigan – 200 fly (NCAA B cut 1:56.37 in prelims)
• So. Payton Keiner – 200 back (NCAA B cut 1:54.34 in prelims)
• Jr. Emily Zimcosky – 200 back (1:59.54)
• Fr. Emma Hazel – 200 back (2:00.48); 100 free (50.99)
• Alicia Finnigan swam 1:56.37 in prelims of the 200 fly and 1:56.81. Her season-best time of 1:56.33, turned in at the Liberty Invitational in November, is very near the cutline for inclusion in the field for the NCAA Championships.
• Payton Keiner swam an NCAA B cut time of 1:54.34 in prelims of the 200 backstroke, which was just .09 off of her season-best 1:54.25 from the CCSA Championships.
• Emma Hazel swam a season-best 50.99 in the 100 freestyle, becoming one of four Lady Flames to break 51 seconds in the 100 free this season.
• Liberty hosted ACC programs NC State and Virginia this weekend.
• This is the second year in a row that Liberty has hosted a last-chance meet.
• Emily Zimcosky clocked a 1:59.54 in the 200 back, becoming the sixth swimmer in program history to swim faster than two minutes for the 200 backstroke.
Selections for the 2019 NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships will be released by the NCAA on Wednesday.
Additionally, three Liberty divers, all freshmen (Lauren Chennault, Abigail Egolf-Jensen and Olivia Robinson), will compete at the NCAA Zone Diving Meet, held March 11-13 in Annapolis, Md.