Lady Flames Tennis to Play First 2 ASUN Matches Over Weekend
Following a pair of victories in Texas, the Liberty women’s tennis team will conclude its Spring Break trip with its first two ASUN Conference matches of the season over the weekend.
Liberty (11-4, 0-0 ASUN) will square off with Kennesaw State (10-1, 0-0 ASUN), Friday afternoon. Match time is scheduled for 1 p.m. at the Betty Siegel Courts in Kennesaw, Ga. On Sunday morning, the Lady Flames will compete at FGCU (7-5, 0-0 ASUN). That contest will get started at 9 a.m. at the FGCU Tennis Complex in Fort Myers, Fla.
Liberty has won three straight matches overall, picking up road wins at William & Mary (March 5), UTSA (last Sunday) and Texas State (Wednesday).
Lady Flames News and Notes
• Liberty is 1-0 all-time against Kennesaw State. The Lady Flames bested the Owls 7-0 on March 23, 2019 for their first-ever ASUN victory.
• The Lady Flames are 0-4 all-time versus FGCU. The two squads met in a non-conference match in 2021 due to the ASUN being split into two divisions last season. FGCU topped Liberty 5-2 in that match.
• Liberty was selected to finish third in the 2022 ASUN Women’s Tennis Preseason Coaches Poll.
• The Lady Flames are 12-1 all-time in ASUN regular season play. Liberty earned a share of the ASUN regular season title and the No. 1 seed for the ASUN Championship in 2019. In 2021, the Lady Flames went 6-0 in ASUN play and were the No. 1 seed from the ASUN North Division.
• Liberty is 1-1 all-time in ASUN openers.
• The Lady Flames hold a 9-1 record over their last 10 matches.
• Sophomore Esther Lovato recorded her 60th career singles victory, Wednesday at Texas State. Lovato sports a 60-10 career record in three seasons at Liberty.
• These two matches wrap up a six-match road trip for the Lady Flames. Liberty will host ASUN foes Jacksonville State (March 25) and Lipscomb (March 27) at the Liberty Tennis Complex, next weekend.