Lady Flames Conclude Regular Season at Last Chance Meet
Liberty swimmers completed their regular-season schedule by competing at the Liberty Last Chance Meet.
This weekend’s meet gave swimmers a chance to improve on their national seeding in advance of next week’s selections to the 2020 NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships. Selections for the NCAA Championships will take place on Wednesday.
Liberty’s Top Performers
• So. Emma Hazel – 200 IM (2:03.62); 100 free (51.59)
• Fr. Eva Suggs – 200 back (1:58.85)
• Fr. Jessica Schellenboom – 500 free (23.95); 100 back (57.87); 100 free (52.79)
• Jr. Lindsey Cohee – 100 fly (56.66)
• Fr. Maggie Huenefeld – 100 breaststroke (1:06.86)
• Emma Hazel nearly broke into Liberty’s all-time top 10 in the 200 IM, as her 2:03.62 is just .06 seconds away from 10th place, currently held by Lindsey Cohee (2:03.56).
• Schellenboom was the fifth Lady Flame this season to break 24 seconds in the 50 freestyle.
• Eva Suggs broke 1:59 in the 200 backstroke for the third time this season, swimming 1:58.85.
• Liberty hosted ACC program Virginia this weekend.
• This is the third year in a row that Liberty has hosted a last-chance meet.
Selections for the 2020 NCAA Division I Women’s Swimming & Diving Championships will be released by the NCAA on Wednesday. Payton Keiner will be invited to compete in the 200 backstroke by virtue of her 1:52.63 which she swam at the CCSA Championships.
Additionally, three Liberty divers, Lauren Chennault, Abigail Egolf-Jensen and Olivia Robinson, will compete at the NCAA Zone Diving Meet, held March 9-11 in Morgantown, W.Va.