Game Day: ULM
The Flames will look to remain unbeaten in the month of October when they travel to Monroe, La., to take on ULM this Saturday at Malone Stadium.
Game Day Central page
- Live Audio (LFSN Radio)
- Live Stats (StatBroadcastl.com)
- Live Video (ESPN+)
- Malone Stadium
- Flames Ticket Office
- Game Day Information Guide
- Tailgating and Parking Information
7:05 p.m. (EST)
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Mike Hammett
Color Commentator: David Griffith
Sideline Reporter: N/A
Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio
Flagship: The Journey FM (88.3 FM Lynchburg)
LFSN Radio Network Affiliates List
Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York
Color Commentator: Brad Butler
Sidelines: Jamie Hall
Pregame: Nick Pierce, Jamie Hall and Brad Butler
- Pregame Show: 5:30 p.m. (EST)
Saturday’s Top Storylines
- Liberty (5-1) will seek bowl eligibility and its first-ever win in Louisiana on Saturday, when the Flames travel to ULM (2-3, 1-2 Sun Belt).
- Saturday’s contest is the back end of a home-and-home series. Liberty topped ULM 40-7 on Oct. 10, 2020 in Lynchburg during the first-ever meeting between the two programs.
- The Flames’ 21-13 victory at Troy on Sept. 11 marked Liberty’s fourth consecutive win over a Sun Belt opponent. The Flames are 7-1 all-time versus Sun Belt opposition, including victories in each of the last two Cure Bowls (vs. Georgia Southern and Coastal Carolina).
- In his third season as Liberty’s head coach, Hugh Freeze has posted a 23-7 record, including a 17-2 mark over the last 19 games. Freeze is 2-0 all-time versus ULM, including a 24-19 win by Arkansas State over the Warhawks during the 2011 season.
- Liberty QB Malik Willis has accounted for 20 TDs (13 passing/7 rushing) during the season’s first six games. He and Matt Corral of Ole Miss are the only two QBs ranked among the top 30 nationally for both rushing TDs and passing TDs in 2021.
- The Flames’ defense ranks No. 5 nationally for yards allowed (266.2 ypg), No. 6 for points allowed (14.3 ppg) and No. 11 for sacks (3.33/game). Dating back to last season, Liberty has held eight of its last 10 opponents to 20 points or fewer.
A Liberty Win Would …
- Be the Flames’ sixth win of 2021, making them bowl eligible for the third consecutive season.
- Push the Flames’ streak to 16 straight seasons with six or more wins.
- Extend the Flames’ winning streak against Sun Belt opponents to five games and boost Liberty’s all-time record versus Sun Belt foes to 8-1.
- Mark the Flames’ first-ever victory in Louisiana.
- Give the Flames their second three-game winning streak of the season, marking the first time since 2017 Liberty has posted two win streaks of 3+ games within a season.
- Be the Flames’ seventh consecutive victory in the month of October, running the team’s October record to 9-1 under Hugh Freeze.
- Give Hugh Freeze a 3-0 record all-time when coaching against ULM (1-0 at Arkansas State, 2-0 at Liberty).