LIBERTY at FGCU
Game Date: Friday, Sept. 23
Game Time: 7 p.m.
Live Video: Facebook Live
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
LIBERTY at LONGWOOD
Game Date: Tuesday, Sept. 27
Game Time: 6 p.m.
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Stats: Sidearm
Men’s Soccer Weekly Notes
- The Flames take to the road for two matches. Friday, Liberty will face the FGCU Ospreys in an ASUN Conference match. Tuesday, Liberty will take the short trip up the road to Farmville, Va., for a non-conference contest with Longwood.
- The Flames fell in the closing minutes against No. 21 Lipscomb on Saturday to finish a three-game home stretch 1-1-1.
With the setback on Saturday, Liberty is 1-1 in ASUN play. Friday evening’s contest will be the Flames’ first ASUN road match this season.
- Saturday’s contest against Lipscomb was the third nationally ranked opponent the Flames have faced this season. It is the first time Liberty has faced three or more nationally ranked opponents in a season since it faced four in 2011.
- Liberty is 0-1-1 on the road this season. The Flames’ first two road opponents were nationally ranked as they tied 1-1 at No. 20 Maryland (Aug. 28) and fell to No. 4 UCLA 5-2 (Sept. 2).
- Liberty and FGCU will meet on Friday for the fourth time on the soccer pitch in program history. The Eagles hold a 2-1 edge in the series. The Flames won the last meeting between the two teams 2-1 at Osborne Stadium last season.
- Tuesday, Liberty and Longwood will meet for the 28th time in program history. The Flames and Lancers were conference opponents in the Big South. Liberty holds an 18-5-4 record in the overall series. Longwood defeated Liberty 1-0 in Lynchburg last season.
- For the first time this season, Liberty allowed a goal at home on Saturday. The Flames have scored eight goals while allowing eight goals on the season.
- Sophomore Luke Eberle and freshman Byrce Swinehart lead Liberty in scoring with five points each. They are joined by Seth Clark with two goals each to lead the Flames. Five different Liberty players have scored a goal this season.
- Marko Mitrevski leads Liberty with two assists. Nine Flames have at least one assist so far this season.
- Blake Franzen and Danny Cordero have each spent time in the Liberty net this season. The two have combined for three shutouts.
- Franzen has started two of the last three games, both ASUN matches, a win vs. Bellarmine and last week’s loss to Lipscomb. In five games, Franzen has posted a 1.53 GAA and .706 save percentage in 2022.
- Cordero recorded a shutout in his last outing, a 0-0 tie on Sept. 13 against Davidson. He has recorded a 1.20 GAA and .667 save percentage in four games this season.