Liberty Dominates Longwood 5-0
Liberty continued its winning streak, as the Lady Flames dominated Longwood and cruisied to the 5-0 victory, Sunday afternoon at Osborne Stadium. Liberty improves to 4-3 this season and extends its winning streak to four games, the longest winning streak during non-conference play since 2016.
8’ – LIBERTY – Maddy Oliver (Assist by Kasey Jamieson)
12’ – LIBERTY – Kasey Jamieson (Unassisted)
44’ – LIBERTY – Madison Ellis (Unassisted)
56’ – LIBERTY – Meredith King (Unassisted)
87’ – LIBERTY – Briana Myers (Assist by Alexis Salazar)
Liberty controlled the match from the opening whistle, outshooting Longwood 13-3, while limiting Longwood to just one shot on goal throughout 90 minutes of action. Liberty picked up its earliest goal of the season, scoring in the eighth minute, due to Maddy Oliver as the Lady Flames would continue to build their lead from there. Kasey Jamieson would extend Liberty’s lead (2-0) in the 14th minute and right before halftime Madison Ellis would give Liberty the 3-0 lead. Throughout the game Liberty was able to play 24 players.
Key Stats & Notes
- Alexis Salazar recorded two assists, which were the first two for her this season.
- Randi Palacios recorded her third straight shutout.
- Rebekah Vine played the last 36 minutes for Liberty in goal.
- Kasey Jamieson recorded her second goal of the season.
- Maddy Oliver recorded her fourth goal of the season.
- Meredith King scored her third goal of the season.
- Briana Myers scored her first collegiate goal.
Liberty will continue its five-game homestand next week when the Lady Flames host UNCW on Thursday, Sept. 16. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. at Osborne Stadium and can be seen on ESPN+.