Liberty's divers earned valuable experience on Saturday at UNCW's Seahawk Aquatic Center, competing against UNCW and Old Dominion.
This weekend, Liberty split up its swimming & diving squads, as the Lady Flames' swimmers defeated Campbell 131.5-125.5 last night in Buies Creek, N.C. This morning's meet was a full dual meet for Old Dominion and UNCW, while Liberty sent its divers only to the meet.
Liberty Performers • So. Abigail Egolf-Jensen (3-meter diving – 2nd place (241.30); 1-meter diving – 2nd place (234.35))
• Fr. Kaylyn Goehl (3-meter diving – 3rd place (207.35); 1-meter diving – 5th place (198.20))
• So. Allison Van Milligan (3-meter diving – 4th place (202.75); 1-meter diving – 4th place (204.45))
• Fr. Emily LaRocque (3-meter diving – 7th place (184.05); 1-meter diving – 7th place (183.35))
• Sr. Kendal Irwin (3-meter diving – 10th place (165.20); 1-meter diving – 9th place (167.45))
Notable • This is the second season in a row that Liberty has had a split-squad weekend. On Jan. 19, the swimmers defeated UNC Asheville 136-129 in Asheville, N.C. and the divers downed Georgia Southern 31-7 in Statesboro, Ga.
• Freshman Kaylyn Goehl and Emily LaRocque received their first collegiate diving experience, while senior Kendal Irwin made her season debut.
• UNCW's Courtney Klausen won both one-meter and three-meter diving, with Liberty's Abigail Egolf-Jensen taking second on both boards.
Historically Speaking • Van Milligan (204.45) became the 10th diver in program history to score 200 or more points in a six-dive program on one-meter.
• Goehl's 207.35 on three-meter puts her in 10th place in program history in that event.
The Lady Flames will contest their first regular-season home meet of the season, hosting UNC Asheville at the Liberty Natatorium Oct. 25-26.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram