Coach Scott Jackson Press Conference Ben Highfill Press Conference Joe Adametz II Press Conference Top Plays vs.Marist
Liberty third baseman Ben Highfill led off the bottom of the ninth inning with a solo home run, as the Flames walked off the Marist Red Foxes 4-3, Sunday afternoon.
Highfill ripped the first pitch of the inning over the left field wall to give the Flames the victory. The Liberty third baseman also had an RBI single and scored twice in the contest.
With the victory, Liberty sweeps its three-game series with Marist. The Flames have won six straight contests.
Liberty moves to 7-4 on the year. Marist falls to 2-7.
Box Score Highlights Records: Marist (2-7); Liberty (7-4) Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium) Attendance: 1,377 WP: Garret Price (2-0) | LP: Will Van Beusekom (0-1)
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 5TH INNING – Highfill singles, Guy scores, 1-0 LIBERTY – 5TH INNING – Rohrer doubles, Highfill scores, 2-0 LIBERTY – 7TH INNING – Locklear doubles, Betts scores, 3-0 MARIST – 9TH INNING - Rubayo singles, Amory scores, 3-1 MARIST – 9TH INNING - Robbie Armitage singles, Mackle and Reece Armitage score, 3-3
LIBERTY – 9TH INNING - Highfill homers, 4-3
Notable Numbers - Liberty had nine hits in the contest. Marist collected 11. Neither team committed an error in the game.
- The Flames left 10 men on base. The Red Foxes left eight.
- Liberty shortstop Cam Locklear joined Highfill with two hits in the game. He drove in a run with a double.
- Flames starting pitcher Joe Adametz III pitched 6 1/3 scoreless innings. He scattered six hits. He struck out five and walked one.
- Marist right fielder Colin Mackle collected a game-high three hits and scored a run.
Turning Point After seeing the Red Foxes tie, the game 3-3 in the top of the ninth, Highfill led off the bottom of the inning by lining the first pitch from Marist reliever Will Van Beusekom into the left bullpen for the victory.
Beyond the Box Score - Liberty runs its record to 7-1 at Worthington Stadium at Liberty Baseball Stadium in 2020.
- Highfill registered his fourth multi-hit and fourth multi-RBI game in the contest. He leads the Flames in both categories. The senior upped his team-leading RBI total to nine.
- Locklear posted his second multi-hit game of the season, this afternoon.
- Liberty center fielder Jaylen Guy singled in the contest. Guy is the only Flame to reach base in every game this season.
- Liberty reliever Garret Price set a new program record for appearances, as he made the 80th appearance of his career in the contest.
Up Next Liberty finishes a nine-game homestand, Tuesday. The Flames will welcome the Elon Phoenix to Worthington Field at Liberty Baseball Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 4 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram