Amaya Williams and Kainah Williams will be two of Liberty's seniors who will be honored prior to Saturday's match.
Volleyball Gameday Central Page Match Notes North Alabama at Liberty Lynchburg, Va. - Liberty Arena Match Date: Friday, March 19 Match Time: 4 p.m. Live Video: ESPN+ Live Stats: StatBroadcast North Alabama at Liberty Lynchburg, Va. - Liberty Arena Match Date: Saturday, March 20 Match Time: 4 p.m. Live Video: ESPN+ Live Stats: StatBroadcast Liberty (3-8, 3-7 ASUN) returns to Liberty Arena for its final two regular-season matches, hosting North Alabama (1-11, 1-9). The Lady Flames, who haven't played at home since Feb. 20, are coming off of a 1-1 weekend at conference newcomer Bellarmine. North Alabama has lost seven straight matches and is currently in fifth place in the ASUN North Division standings. 2021 Spring Sports Admissions/Tickets Due to COVID-19 and state regulations, capacity at all Liberty Athletics events is under a limited capacity of 250 patrons or 30 percent capacity, whichever is less based on social distancing protocols, per Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's current Phase 3 guidelines. With those guidelines in place, admission to each event has been adjusted per sport. For more information regarding availability, please click here.
The Lady Flames are currently tied with Bellarmine for third place in the ASUN North Division standings. Next Saturday, March 27, the No. 3 seed will play at the No. 2 seed and the No. 4 seed with play at the No. 1 seed in the 2021 ASUN Volleyball Championship quarterfinals. The semifinals and finals will be held April 2-3 at Kennesaw State.
Liberty will honor its seniors with a prematch ceremony on Saturday. Amelia Johnson, Amaya Williams and Kainah Williams have played a major role in the program's resurgence.
STARTING ROTATION 1. Third-year head coach Trevor Johnson, a 2019 VolleyballMag.com Under 40 Coaching Hotshots list honoree, earned his 100th career win as a collegiate women's volleyball head coach last Saturday at Bellarmine. He had a previous stint as head coach at Concordia (CA).
2. Liberty swept a pair of matches at North Alabama on Feb. 13-14, earning its first two wins of the season. The Lady Flames outhit the Lions .261-.109 for the weekend and were led by Julia Mangum (4.17 kills per set), Trinity Watts (3.33 kps) and Rajini Fitzmaurice (3.17 kps).
3. Freshman Trinity Watts has scored double figures in kills in seven out of the last nine matches, including a career-high 13 at Kennesaw State last Saturday. She posted her first career double-double on Friday at Bellarmine, with 11 kills and 11 digs.
4. Sophomore Rajini Fitzmaurice, the only Lady Flame to start the season opener in both 2019 and 2021, averaged 4.0 kills, 2.86 digs and 1.29 blocks per set last weekend at Bellarmine. Sher 17 kills on Friday were the most by a Lady Flame in a single match this season.
5. Amaya Williams was voted the 2021 ASUN Fan-Voted Preseason Setter of the Year. A member of the 2017 Big South All-Freshman Team, she leads the team with five double-doubles. Her 17 digs at Bellarmine on Saturday were the most by a Liberty setter since Anna Willey's 19 on Nov. 7, 2015.
6. Prior to the Jan. 22 match against VCU, Kainah Williams had not played in a match since Nov. 16, 2018, a span of 798 days. She scored 11 kills on Feb. 19 against Kennesaw State, her first double-digit kill match since 2018. Williams posted a season-high eight blocks last Saturday at Bellarmine.
7. The Lady Flames currently 14th nationally with 2.74 blocks per set, while Lydia Burts is the ASUN leader and ranks 10th in the nation with 1.54 blocks per set. Burts scored a career-high nine kills last Saturday at Bellarmine.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram