Match Notes Liberty at Bellarmine Louisville, Ky. - Knights Hall Match Date: Friday, March 12 Match Time: 7 p.m. Live Video: ESPN+ Live Stats: Sidearm Stats Liberty at Bellarmine Louisville, Ky. - Knights Hall Match Date: Saturday, March 13 Match Time: 5 p.m. Live Video: ESPN+ Live Stats: Sidearm Stats Liberty (2-7, 2-6 ASUN) heads to Louisville, Ky., for the first time, taking on conference newcomer Bellarmine (3-9, 2-6) on Friday and Saturday at Knights Hall. The Lady Flames and Knights are tied for third in the ASUN North Division after Bellarmine claimed two five-set wins at North Alabama last week.
The Lady Flames are looking to snap a four-match winless streak, as they played their last four matches against ASUN North Division-leading Kennesaw State. Liberty pushed the Owls to four sets in three out of the four meetings.
The Lady Flames currently 32nd nationally with 2.61 blocks per set, while Lydia Burts is the ASUN leader and ranks 9th in the nation with 1.54 blocks per set. Liberty has faced the 16th-toughest schedule in the nation so far, as its opponents have totaled a .675 combined winning percentage.
STARTING ROTATION 1. Third-year head coach Trevor Johnson, a 2019 VolleyballMag.com Under 40 Coaching Hotshots list honoree, needs one more win for 100 as a women's volleyball head coach. He has previous stints of as head coach of Concordia (CA) men's and women's volleyball programs.
2. After finishing in a tie with Lipscomb for third place in the 2019 ASUN standings with an 11-5 conference record, the Lady Flames appear third in the 2021 Preseason Coaches' Poll. Bellarmine was picked to finish eighth.
3. Freshman Trinity Watts has scored double figures in kills in five out of the last seven matches, including a career-high 13 at Kennesaw State last Saturday. She leads the team with 82 kills.
4. Julia Mangum was named ASUN Freshman of the Week on Feb. 16. She posted her first career double-double on Feb. 14 at UNA with 13 kills and 12 digs. Mangum's 14 kills against Kennesaw State on Feb. 19 are the most by a Lady Flame in a match this season.
5. Amaya Williams was voted the 2021 ASUN Fan-Voted Preseason Setter of the Year. A member of the 2017 Big South All-Freshman Team, she surpassed 1,500 career assists over the weekend, becoming the 11th player in program history with 1,500 or more career assists.
6. Sophomore Rajini Fitzmaurice, the only Lady Flame to start the season opener in both 2019 and 2021, has served up a team-high 10 aces this season.
7. Prior to the Jan. 22 match against VCU, Kainah Williams had not played in a match since Nov. 16, 2018, a span of 798 days. She scored 11 kills on Feb. 19 against Kennesaw State, her first double-digit kill match since 2018. Williams leads the team with a .293 attack percentage.
8. Freshman Lydia Burts' career-high eight blocks against Kennesaw State on Feb. 19 were the most by a Lady Flame since Nov. 21, 2019, when Kailey Macy posted 10 blocks.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram