The Flames will look to win their second-consecutive Cure Bowl and #BeatCoastal for the first time at the FBS level when the former Big South rivals clash again on Saturday.
Game Day Central Links: • Live Audio (LFSN Radio) • Live Stats (Statbroadcast.com) • Live Video (ESPN) • Liberty Game Notes • Coastal Carolina Game Notes • Camping World Stadium • Game Day Information Guide • Parking Information • Flames Ticket Office • Weather – Orlando, Fla.
Official Kickoff: 7:35 p.m. (EST)
TV Coverage: ESPN Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Roy Philpott Color Analyst: Kelly Stouffer Sidelines: Alex Chappell
Radio Coverage: Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio LFSN Radio Network Affiliates List • Pregame: 6:00 p.m. (EST) Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Alan York Color Commentator: Paul Rutigliano Sidelines: Nick Pierce Pregame: Nick Pierce, Paul Rutigliano and Brad Butler
Saturday's Top Storylines
1. No. 23/23 Liberty (9-1) will attempt to defend its FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl title Saturday with a renewal of its rivalry against No. 9/11 Coastal Carolina (11-0, 8-0 Sun Belt).
2. The former Big South Conference rivals will be meeting for the 15th time overall but for the first time as FBS opponents and the first time since 2016. The all-time head-to-head series is deadlocked at 7-7 and Liberty has outscored Coastal Carolina by nine total points (433-424) in those 14 contests.
3. The Flames, who topped Georgia Southern 23-16 a year ago, are aming to become the first two-time Cure Bowl champion.Liberty is seeking its first-ever victory over an FBS Top 25 opponent. A win would also tie the Flames' single-season record of 10 wins, set in 2008.
4. Liberty QB Malik Willis is the only FBS player to rank among the nation's top 20 for both passing TDs (20) and rushing TDs (10). Willis leads FBS QBs with a team-high 807 rushing yards.
5. Liberty ranks No. 8 nationally with 252.1 rushing yards per game. The Flames are 13-0 under Hugh Freeze when outrushing their opponent, including 8-0 this season.
6. The Liberty defense ranks among the nation's leaders in total yards allowed (No. 7, 301.2 yards/game). During their regular-season finale vs. UMass, the Flames pitched their first shutout since 2016. They are allowing just 9.7 ppg over the last three outings.
A Liberty Win Would ... • Make the Flames the first team ever to win two FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl titles. • Enable the Flames to join Appalachian State as the only teams transitioning from FCS to FBS football ever to win a bowl game during each of their first two seasons of full bowl eligibility. • Mark the Flames' first-ever victory over an FBS Top 25 opponent (in their third try). • Match the program record for most victories in a season. The 2008 Flames finished 10-2. • Give the Flames an 8-7 edge in their all-time head-to-head series with Coastal Carolina. • Boost the Flames' all-time record against Sun Belt opponents to 6-1, including a 3-1 mark under Hugh Freeze. • Snap Coastal Carolina's 12-game overall winning streak, the longest active streak among FBS teams.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram