The 2019-20 Liberty women's basketball team enjoyed another successful season.
Before its season was cut short due to health concerns related to COVID-19, the 2019-20 Liberty women's basketball team enjoyed a considerable amount of success. The Lady Flames finished 20-11, winning their last eight games of the season and advancing to the ASUN Championship title game.
Streaks Aplenty • The Lady Flames recorded their 20th 20-win season in the last 24 years.
• Liberty went 11-5 in ASUN play, marking its 22nd consecutive season with 10+ conference victories.
• The Lady Flames advanced to a conference tournament championship game for the third consecutive season and the 21st time in the last 24 years.
• Liberty won its last eight games of the year, marking the longest winning streak to end a season in program history
• The Lady Flames' eight-game winning streak was tied with Boise State for the 13th-longest active streak in the nation at season's end.
• Liberty went 5-0 in December for its first unbeaten December since 1997.
• The Lady Flames went 3-0 in March for their first unbeaten March in program history.
ASUN Achievements • The Lady Flames set program records for most ASUN victories (11) and best conference finish (tie for second place).
• The Lady Flames became the first No. 3 seed to win an ASUN semifinal game on the No. 2 seed's home court since 2015.
• Liberty recorded its first two wins over Stetson in program history.
• The Lady Flames topped the ASUN in rebound margin (+6.7), winning the rebounding battle in 16 of 18 games against conference foes.
Among the Nation's Best • The Lady Flames ranked No. 31 nationally for rebound margin (+6.7).
• They also ranked among the nation's top 50 teams for field goal percentage (No. 49, .434).
Tournament Time • Liberty went 5-1 in tournaments, including 2-0 in both the ASUN Championship and Roo Holiday Classic and 1-1 at the Miami Thanksgiving Classic.
• The Lady Flames' 2-0 appearance at the Roo Holiday Classic marked their first 2-0 regular-season tournament since Nov. 28 & 30, 2014 (GSU Thanksgiving Tournament in Atlanta, Ga.)
Offense, Offense! • The Lady Flames averaged 69.0 ppg during their highest-scoring season since 2013-14.
• Liberty recorded its two highest-scoring conference tournament games in program history, scoring 91 points in the ASUN quarterfinal against Kennesaw State and 90 in the ASUN semifinal at North Alabama.
• The Lady Flames' back-to-back 90-point efforts during the ASUN Championship marked the team's first consecutive 90-point games since Dec. 6 & 9, 1986 versus Hollins and Bluefield.
• Three Lady Flames (Keyen Green, Emily Lytle and Ashtyn Baker) averaged double figures in the scoring column. This was the first season since 2010-11 (Devon Brown, Avery Warley and Jelena Antic) that Liberty had three double-digit scorers for the season.
#10 Kierra Johnson-Graham • Selected for the WBCA "So You Want To Be A Coach" program
• Finished her career at No. 43 on Liberty's all-time list with 416 rebounds
#12 Ashtyn Baker • ASUN All-Academic Team
• Miami Thanksgiving Classic All-Tournament Team
• ASUN Player of the Week on Feb. 25
• Finished fourth in the ASUN for assists (3.8 apg), fifth for steals (1.7 spg) and fifth for assist to turnover ratio (1.41)
• Her 117 assists were the most by a Lady Flame since 2014-15 (Sadalia Ellis).
• She averaged 30.8 minutes per game, the most by a Lady Flame since 2011-12 (Reagan Miller).
• Scored 17 points during the third quarter of a Feb. 15 win over NJIT, setting a program record for most points in a single period
• Hit 21 straight free throws between Dec. 3 and Jan. 25, tied for the fifth longest streak in program history
• Finished the season at No. 30 on Liberty's career scoring list with 786 points
#14 Asia Todd • ASUN All-Freshman Team (Liberty's first-ever ASUN All-Freshman honoree)
• MVP of the Roo Holiday Classic
• ASUN Newcomer and Freshman of the Week on March 3
• Her 24 points during the regular-season finale at Kennesaw State on March 2 were the most by a Liberty freshman since Keyen Green recorded a pair of 26-point games in 2016-17.
• Became the first Liberty freshman with back-to-back 20-point games since the 2009-10 season (Devon Brown)
#20 Mya McMillian • ASUN All-Academic Team
• Roo Holiday Classic All-Tournament Team
#21 Keyen Green • ASUN First Team All-Conference (Liberty's first-ever ASUN first team honoree)
• Scored her 1,000th point on Jan. 11 versus Jacksonville, becoming the 16th member of Liberty's 1,000-point club
• Ranked No. 11 nationally for field goal percentage (.590) and 23rd for offensive rebounds per game (3.9 rpg)
• Led the ASUN in field goal percentage (.590), while finishing eighth in rebounds (7.5 rpg), ninth in points (13.9 ppg) and 10th in blocked shots (0.7 bpg)
• Posted 29 points and 16 rebounds against Jacksonville on Jan. 11 for the first 20-point, 15-rebound effort by a Lady Flame since March 10, 2012 (Avery Warley)
• Finished her Liberty career ranked No. 9 in program history for points (1,215), No. 10 for rebounds (673) and tied for No. 8 in both double-doubles (17) and 20-point games (13)
#23 Emily Lytle • Roo Holiday Classic All-Tournament Team
• Ranked No. 7 in the ASUN for three-pointers made (1.7/game)
• Finished with 53 three-pointers, becoming the first Lady Flame with back-to-back seasons of 50+ triples since Cynthia Thomson did so for three straight years (1989-90, 1990-91 and 1991-92)
• After just two seasons on the team, ranks No. 8 in program history for three-pointers made (117) and No. 32 for points (757)
#34 Bridgette Rettstatt • Finished the season at No. 45 on Liberty's career scoring list (652 points) and No. 28 on the rebounding list (509 rebounds)
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram