Autumn Bishop is now Liberty's all-time leader in career doubles.
Liberty scored eight unanswered runs on Sunday against New Mexico, downing the Lobos 11-3 in five innings at Texas' Red & Charline McCombs Field.
The Lady Flames improve to 10-13 on the season with their fourth run-rule victory of the season. Liberty went 3-2 this weekend in Austin, while the Lobos (11-14) posted a 1-4 record at the Longhorn Invitational.
Scoring Summary Liberty – 1st INNING – Canetto advances on a wild pitch, Gibson scores, 1-0
Liberty – 1st INNING – Amber Bishop flies out, sacrifice fly, Canetto scores, 2-0
Liberty – 2nd INNING – Hudson singles, Amber Bishop advances, Canetto scores, 3-0
New Mexico – 3rd INNING – Hathoot doubles, O'Grady and Young score, 3-2
New Mexico – 3rd INNING – Howard singles, Hathoot scores, 3-3
Liberty – 4th INNING – Bishop homers, Canetto and Gibson score, 6-3
Liberty – 4th INNING – Autumn Bishop singles, Hudson scores, 7-3
Liberty – 4th INNING – Griffin flies out, sacrifice fly, Sweat advances, Autumn Bihsop scores, 8-3
Liberty – 4th INNING – Via singles, Sweat scores, 9-3
Liberty – 4th INNING – Channell singles, Via scores, 10-3
Liberty – 5th INNING = Griffin flies out, Murray advances, Autumn Bishop scores, 11-3
Notable Numbers - Liberty outhit New Mexico, 14-4. The Lady Flames left nine on base while the Lobos stranded three. Liberty hit a program single-game-record three sacrifice flies on the afternoon.
- Karlie Keeney (5-5) earned the win, allowing three runs on four hits while walking one. - Kennedy Ferguson (3-4) drew the loss, giving up two runs on four hits while walking two and striking out one in 2 1/3 innings of relief. - Caroline Hudson batted 3-for-4 with a triple, one RBI and one run scored, while Kara Canetto went 2-for-3 with a double and three runs scored. Autumn Bishop and Madison Via both went 2-for-3 with one RBI each. Denay Griffin went 1-for-1 and drove in two runs via sacrifice fly.
- New Mexico's Cameryn O'Grady went 2-for-3 with two doubles and one run scored, while Rachael Hathoot batted 1-for-3 with a double, two RBI and one run scored.
Turning Point - New Mexico tied the game at 3-3 with a three-run third inning. However, the Lady Flames scored seven in the fourth, sparked by a three-run homer from Amber Bishop and a RBI from Griffin, Via and Channell to take a 10-3 lead.
Beyond the Box Score - Liberty evened the all-time series with New Mexico at 2-2, as the Lady Flames won both meetings this weekend. - Liberty has hit seven sacrifice flies in the last six games and set a new program record with three sacrifice flies today. Prior to today, Liberty had posted two sacrifice flies in a game 26 times.
- With her fifth-inning double, Autumn Bishop became the program's all-time career leader in doubles with 53, passing Ashley Williams (2005-08). - Amber Bishop became the first Lady Flame with four 10-homer seasons. She has recorded nine homers and 25 RBI in her last 11 games.
- Liberty is now 8-1 this season when scoring six or more runs in a game.
- Griffin tied a program record with two sacrifice flies today. Today was the fourth time a Lady Flame posted two sac flies in a single game, with Autumn Bishop (Feb. 17, 2019 against Rutgers) being the most recent.
- Madison Via is now in sole possession of eighth place in program history with 45 career stolen bases, passing former teammate Sarah Robertson (2016-19) today.
- Liberty has won each of its last seven games when serving as the home team on the scoreboard, including neutral-site games and home contests.
Up Next The Lady Flames return to Lynchburg and will host their second home tournament of the spring. Liberty welcomes Rhode Island, Albany, Northern Illinois, UMass and Binghamton to Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium for the Liberty Softball Challenge, Friday through Sunday.