Allison Van Milligan finished 11th in three-meter diving today.
The Liberty diving team competed on three-meter springboard on Saturday, the second day of the inaugural Navy Diving Invitational.
This weekend's invitational is being held at the United States Naval Academy's Lejeune Hall, which was the site of the 2019 NCAA Zone Diving Championships.
Liberty Performers – Three-Meter Diving • So. Abigail Egolf-Jensen – 9th place (208.95)
• So. Allison Van Milligan – 11th place (184.10)
• Sr. Kendal Irwin – 12th place (179.90)
• Fr. Emily LaRocque – 13th place (166.85)
Notable • This weekend's meet features divers from Liberty, Navy, Penn State and Marist. Liberty, Navy and Penn State have four divers each.
• Egolf-Jensen, Olivia Robinson and Lauren Chennault all gave Liberty its first NCAA postseason diving experience, competing in the 2019 NCAA Zone Diving Championships, which were held at the same facility as this weekend's invitational.
• Yesterday's action was highlighted by a fifth-place finish from Egolf-Jensen, who scored 232.90 in last night's one-meter finals.
• Last night also saw the return of 2019 VaSID State Rookie Diver of the Year, sophomore Olivia Robinson, who competed for the first time since the Penn State Sprint Fest on Oct. 4, 2019.
Up Next This weekend's meet concludes with platform diving tomorrow, as there will be one finals-only flight beginning at 10 a.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram