Hannah Morris dished out 47 assists on Sunday at North Florida.
Liberty earned its 10th ASUN win of the season, topping the host North Florida Ospreys 3-1 (27-25, 25-10, 17-25, 25-14) on Sunday at UNF Arena.
The Lady Flames improve to 17-9, 10-4 in ASUN play with their third straight win while the Ospreys fall to 14-16, 6-8 in conference matches.
Notable Numbers • For the match, Liberty outhit UNF .284-.172. The Lady Flames also led in blocks (8-6) and digs (55-50) while UNF held a 5-4 lead in aces.
• Casey Goodwin scored a match-high 19 kills at a .444 pace, adding 12 digs. Anna Gragg hit .462 with 16 kills while Amelia Johnson sent down 15 kills. Hannah Morris dished out a match-high 47 assists, while Macy Phillips collected 17 digs and Aspen Thompson posted four blocks.
• Solimar Cestero led UNF with 16 kills, while Julianna Askew dished out 33 assists and Rocio Moro collected a match-high 18 digs.
Head Coach Trevor Johnson "We are really proud of our girls for the way they competed especially after the 3rd set loss. Our serving was strong and that's what kept them out of system. To have three hitters with over 15 kills each is amazing! Credit to Hannah for distributing the ball well the whole match. I'm really proud of Casey and how she has been getting better every match!"
Match Summary SET 1 • North Florida led set one 21-17 before the Lady Flames outscored the Ospreys 10-4 down the stretch to win 27-25.
• UNF held a slight .343-.341 edge in hitting percentage during the opening set. Two players from each team (Johnson, Goodwin for Liberty and Cestero, Griffey for UNF) had five kills.
SET 2 • Liberty rolled to a 25-10 victory in set two, holding UNF to a -.118 hitting percentage. It was Liberty's largest margin of victory in a single set this season.
SET 3 • The Ospreys stayed alive, pulling away for a 25-17 set-three victory during which they outhit the Lady Flames .522-.167.
SET 4 • Liberty clinched the match by winning set four 25-14. Goodwin scored seven kills in set four as the Lady Flames outhit the Ospreys .379-.033.
Quick Hits • Today was the first time since Nov. 14, 2015 against Gardner-Webb that three Lady Flames scored 15 or more kills in the same match. That day, Caroline Douglas (23), Jade Vorster (16) and Gabrielle Vess (15) all topped 15 kills.
• Liberty has posted its most wins in a single season since 2014, when the Lady Flames went 23-10.
• Liberty is 7-3 in extended sets so far this season.
• The Lady Flames have posted double-digit conference victories for the second year in a row, after going 10-6 in ASUN play last year. The last time Liberty had consecutive seasons with double-digit conference wins was 2007-12, when the Lady Flames had 10 or more Big South wins in six straight seasons.
• Gragg became the first player in program history with four straight 100-block seasons.
• Goodwin entered Liberty's all-time top 10 in career blocks with 316, passing Theresa Bream (1987-90), who had 314 career blocks.
Up Next The Lady Flames will play at Stetson on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at Edmunds Center in DeLand, Fla., the team's last regular-season away match.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram