Jessica Schellenboom swam on Liberty's winning 400 medley relay on Saturday at BYU.
Liberty posted a 2-1 record at this weekend's BYU Invite which wrapped up Saturday at BYU's Richards Building Pool.
The Lady Flames (6-2) defeated UC Davis (237-135) and Dixie State (292-71) while falling 224-148 to the host Cougars. BYU (7-0) went 3-0, while UC Davis (4-3) finished 1-2 and Dixie State (0-3) went 0-3.
Liberty Event Winners • 400 medley relay – 3:48.73 (Payton Keiner, Jessica Schellenboom, Lindsey Cohee, Emma Hazel)
• Jr. Payton Keiner – 200 back (1:58.93)
• Jr. Lindsey Cohee – 100 fly (55.87)
Notable • On Saturday, BYU won five individual events and one relay while Liberty earned two individual-event victories and one relay win. For the meet as a whole, Liberty won six individual events and two relays while BYU won 10 individual events and two relays.
• Liberty's 400 medley relay posted the fastest time in the event for the team so far this season (3:48.73). Keiner (200 back - 1:58.93) and Cohee (100 fly - 55.87) swam the fastest times in their respective events by any Lady Flame this season.
• Keiner has won the 200 backstroke each of the last five times she has contested it, dating back to last season. That also includes a 2019 CCSA title in the event. Cohee was won the 100 fly twice this season.
• Liberty is 2-1 all-time against BYU in swimming & diving, as the Lady Flames defeated the Cougars 232-118 on Oct. 26-27, 2018 and also downed BYU 219-173 at the 2016 Intermountain Shootout. The Lady Flames met UC Davis and Dixie State for the first time.
• The Lady Flames are now 6-1 all-time in the Mountain Time Zone, first defeating BYU, Air Force, Utah and Colorado Mesa at the 2016 Intermountain Shootout.
• Liberty is 29-2 in its last 31 dual meets overall.
Up Next The Lady Flames will host an in-season invitational for the second year in a row, as the TYR '85 Invite will take place Nov. 22-24 at the Liberty Natatorium.