Liberty to square off with UNF in ASUN Quarterfinal, Friday.
The No. 6 seed Liberty Flames will face the No. 3 seed North Florida Ospreys in an ASUN Quarterfinal match, Friday at the FGCU Soccer Complex in Fort Myers, Fla. Match time is schedule for 5 p.m. The winner will advance to play No. 2 seed FGCU on Sunday at 1 p.m.
Gameday Central Links Game Notes
Liberty vs. UNF Game Date: Friday, Nov. 8
Game Time: 5 p.m.
Live Video: Facebook Live
Liberty Notables • Liberty has qualified for the ASUN Men's Soccer Championship in each of its two seasons in the conference. Last season, the Flames fell 2-0 to Jacksonville as the No. 5 seed in Nashville, Tenn. in their first-ever appearance.
• Friday will be Liberty's first neutral site game of 2019.
• Lipscomb defeated Liberty 1-0 in the Flames' final regular season game on Saturday at Osborne Stadium. It is the seventh time this season that the Flames have had a contest decided by a 1-0 score.
• Eight different Flames have scored at least one goal this season. Musa Morris, Tyler Welch and Shane Geisler have scored two goals apiece to lead Liberty.
• Freshman Seth Clark leads Liberty in points with five. Clark has scored a goal and paces the Flames with three assists.
• This past Saturday, goalkeeper Brogan Engbers set a career-high for saves in a contest with eight. In seven games and six starts this season, he has posted a 1.13 goals-against average and a .833 save percentage in over 478 minutes of play.
• Senior midfielder Ruben Garcia was one of seven Flames honored in pregame Senior Night ceremonies on Saturday. Garcia has made 40 consecutive starts for the Flames. The streak has spanned three seasons for the native of Madrid, Spain.
• Before this past Saturday's match, Liberty recognized the seven Flames playing in their last home contest. The program honored Carter Burris, Bobby Bynum, Shalom Dutey, Ruben Garcia, Evan Godfrey, Rigo Rojas and Matt Zaczyk for their contributions to Liberty soccer.