Cam Locklear had three hits and a RBI, Saturday.
The Jacksonville Dolphins raced out to a seven run advantage through the first two innings, topping the Liberty Flames 8-3, Saturday evening at John Sessions Stadium.
Two errors in the first allowed host Jacksonville to score four runs in the first inning, before tacking on three more in the second.
Dolphins right-hander AJ Jones held the Flames to one run over seven innings, scattering eight hits.
Flames shortstop Cam Locklear led all hitters in the contest with three hits, a double and a RBI.
Liberty falls to 10-4 in the ASUN and 30-12 overall. Jacksonville improves to 8-9 in ASUN play and 22-20 overall. The Dolphins snap a five-game losing streak with the victory.
Box Score Highlights Records: Liberty (30-12, 10-4 ASUN); Jacksonville (22-20, 8-9 ASUN) Location: Jacksonville, Fla. (John Sessions Stadium) Attendance: 327 WP: AJ Jones (6-3) | LP: Joseph Adametz (7-2)
Scoring Summary JU – 1st INNING – Cassala singles, Dubrule scores, 1-0 JU – 1st INNING – Southern reaches on error by shortstop, Camacho scores, 2-0 JU – 1st INNING – Hunter reaches on error by second baseman, Cassala scores, 3-0 JU – 1st INNING – Wright walks, Southern scores, 4-0 JU – 2nd INNING – Southern homers, Camacho and Dubrule scores, 7-0 LIBERTY – 4th INNIING – Guy singles, Locklear scores, 7-1 JU – 5th INNING – Dubrule singles, Wright scores, 8-1 LIBERTY – 8th INNING – Locklear singles, Rohrer scores, 8-2 LIBERTY – 9th INNING – Mathieu singles, Galazin scores, 8-3
Notable Numbers - The Flames outhit the Dolphins, 11-7. Liberty committed two errors in the contest.
- Liberty left 12 men on base, while Jacksonville left seven.
- Jacksonville scored four runs on one hit in the first. Liberty committed two errors and issued four walks in the inning.
- Locklear and third baseman Tyler Galazin have both had two or more hits in each of the first two games of the series. First baseman Logan Mathieu also had two hits, this evening.
- Dolphins designated hitter Jacob Southern hit a three-run home run, his fourth of the season, in the second inning.
Turning Point After a disastrous bottom of the first, Liberty loaded the bases with no outs in the top of the second inning. However, the Dolphins were able to get the force out at home on a ground ball and then right-hander AJ Jones induced a double play grounder to end the inning.
Beyond the Box Score - With the win, the series is now even at 1-1. Liberty won Friday night's series opener 4-1 in 11 innings.
- Locklear has five hits in nine at bats in the first two games of the series. The Liberty shortstop has hit .378 over his last 12 games.
- Left fielder Gray Betts extended his hitting streak to eight games in the contest, a career high. Center fielder Jaylen Guy also extended his hitting streak to a career-high seven games.
- Catcher Jonathan Embry doubled and walked in the game to run his reached base safely streak to 17 games. He is one shy of his season-high of 18 consecutive games.
- Second baseman Will Wagner saw his reached base safely streak come to an end at 21 consecutive games, this evening. The streak is the longest by a Flame, this season.
Up Next Liberty and Jacksonville will complete their three-game ASUN Conference series, tomorrow at John Sessions Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 1 p.m.