Joseph Adametz recorded his sixth win of the season in game one of a doubleheader, Saturday.
Joseph Adametz and Garret Price combined to shut down the North Carolina A&T Aggies 3-0, Saturday in game one of a doubleheader at Liberty Baseball Stadium. The two recorded the sixth Liberty shutout of the season.
Adametz pitched a career-high seven innings, scattering six hits. Price did not allow a run or a hit over the final two innings.
Liberty catcher Jonathan Embry hit a solo home run in the fifth, his fifth round tripper of the season in the victory.
The Flames move to 29-9 on the season. The Aggies fall to 19-18.
Box Score Highlights Records: North Carolina A&T (19-18); Liberty (29-9) Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Liberty Baseball Stadium) WP: Joseph Adametz (6-1) | LP: Tim Luth (5-2)
Scoring Summary LIBERTY – 2nd INNING – Guy singles, Galazin scores, 1-0 LIBERTY - 5th INNING – Embry homers, 2-0 LIBERTY – 5th INNING – Mathieu singles, Wagner scores, 3-0
Notable Numbers - Liberty collected eight hits and committed the game's only error. North Carolina A&T had six hits.
- Adametz records his sixth victory of the season, tying a career high for strikeouts with seven.
- Three Flames – Gray Betts, Logan Mathieu and Will Wagner – each had two hits in the contest.
Turning Point Leading 1-0 in the bottom of the fifth inning, Liberty extended its advantage. With one out, Embry homered into the right field bullpen for a 2-0 edge. Wagner followed with a double and advanced to third on a ground out by right fielder Brandon Rohrer. Mathieu then lined a two-out single into right for 3-0 advantage and all the runs Adametz and Price needed.
Beyond the Box Score - By winning the first two contests, the Flames take the three-game series. Liberty has won eight-straight weekend series.
- Liberty moves to 22-3 at Liberty Baseball Stadium, this season. The Flames have won nine of their last 10 home games.
- Liberty records its sixth shutout of the season. The six blankings are the most by the Flames in a year since 2014 when they pitched nine.
- Price earns his third save of the season. The junior has not allowed a run over his last 10 2/3 innings and leads the ASUN Conference with a 0.86 ERA.
- With two hits in the contest, Wagner has reached base in a season-high 18 consecutive games.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram