Amber Bishop recorded her 200th career hit on Saturday.
Liberty capped a doubleheader sweep of Lipscomb with a 7-1 victory over the visiting Bisons in game two on Saturday at Kamphuis Field at Liberty Softball Stadium.
With the win, Liberty (19-12, 3-2 ASUN) clinched its first ASUN series victory. Lipscomb (19-11-1, 0-2 ASUN) has dropped four straight games this week, including a pair of games to nationally-ranked opponents.
Scoring Summary LIPSCOMB – 1st INNING – Fortel homers to center, 1-0
LIBERTY – 3rd INNING – Amber Bishop singles to right, Click scores, 1-1
LIBERTY – 3rd INNING – Amader homers down the left field line, Amber Bishop scores, 3-1
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Click singles to pitcher, bunt, Canetto advances, Via scores, 4-1
LIBERTY – 4th INNING – Autumn Bishop grounds out, Canetto scores, 5-1
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Click reaches on an error, sacrifice bunt, Canetto scores, 6-1
LIBERTY – 6th INNING – Autumn Bishop singles up the middle, Click scores, 7-1
Notable Numbers - Liberty led in hits 8-4, while Lipscomb sustained four errors. The Lady Flames left seven runners on base, and the Bisons stranded four. - Chase Cassady (5-1) earned the complete-game victory, yielding one run on four hits, striking out eight and walking one. - Katie Turner (8-2) drew the loss for Lipscomb, giving up seven runs (five earned) on seven hits in five innings, with two strikeouts and three walks before Chloe Yaeger pitched one inning of scoreless relief.
- Jaclyn Amader batted 2-for-3 with a homer and two RBI, while Autumn Bishop (1-for-3) drove in two, including her team-leading fourth sacrifice fly. Kara Canetto and Jasmeen Click both singled and scored two runs, and Madison Via stole two bases.
Turning Point - Lipscomb got on the board first on a two-out homer by Fortel in the top of the first. - Two Bisons errors aided Liberty's three-run third, as the Lady Flames tied it on an RBI single by Autumn Bishop and took a 3-1 lead when Amader followed with a two-run bomb to left.
- Liberty added two runs in both the fourth and sixth innings to take a 7-1 advantage, and Chase Cassady held the Bisons off the scoreboard for the final 6 1/3 innings.
Beyond the Box Score - Liberty has outscored opponents 81-6 at home this season, going 12-1 at Liberty Softball Stadium. - The Lady Flames have won 14 straight conference home games, dating to the start of the 2018 season.
- Amber Bishop recorded her 200th career hit on Saturday, becoming the ninth player in program history, and first since Sarah Robertson earlier this month, to register 200 career hits. This is the first time in program history that two active Lady Flames both have 200 or more hits.
- Liberty has recorded two homers so far in ASUN play, and Amader has accounted for both of them. She went deep last Saturday at Kennesaw State and today against Lipscomb.
- Current Liberty associate head coach Paige Cassady spent the 2013 season as an assistant coach at Lipscomb before joining Liberty's staff the following season.
Up Next Liberty and Lipscomb will wrap up this weekend's ASUN series with a single game, tomorrow at 1 p.m. at Liberty Softball Stadium.