No. 3 seed Liberty will face No. 6 seed Jacksonville on Friday night in the ASUN quarterfinals.
Live Video (ESPN+) Live Audio (LFSN Radio) Live Stats Tickets Liberty Game Notes Liberty Women's Basketball Instagram Liberty Women's Basketball Twitter Liberty Women's Basketball Facebook Jacksonville Women's Basketball Webpage ASUN Women's Basketball Webpage
No. 3 seed Liberty (14-15) will host No. 6 seed Jacksonville in the ASUN Women's Basketball Championship quarterfinals, Friday at 7 p.m. inside the Vines Center.
Game Time: Friday – 7 p.m.
TV Coverage: ESPN+ (Subscription Required) Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Rett McGibbon Color Analyst: Adam Deyo Sidelines: Brhett Vickery
Radio Coverage: Liberty Flames Sports Network – Radio WQLU 90.9 FM The Light Play-By-Play Broadcaster: Jamie Hall
The Starting 5 – Liberty's Top Storylines • No. 3 seed Liberty (14-15) will take on No. 6 seed Jacksonville (14-15) in the ASUN Championship quarterfinal round, Friday at the Vines Center. The Lady Flames enter the contest on a three-game winning streak.
• The two teams finished with identical 14-15 overall regular season records, but the Lady Flames (10-6) won three more conference games than the Dolphins (7-9) to earn the No. 3 seed.
• Liberty and Jacksonville split two regular season matchups, with the road team winning both games. Jacksonville topped Liberty 64-52 in Lynchburg, Jan. 12. Two weeks later on Jan. 26 at Jacksonville, the Lady Flames bested the Dolphins 85-75 in overtime.
• Liberty earned the No. 3 seed by virtue of a 62-48 home win on Tuesday night over North Alabama on Senior Night. In that game, senior KK Barbour scored a game-high and season-high 17 points on 5-of-5 shooting from three-point distance.
• With their 10th conference victory of the season on Tuesday night, the Lady Flames have now won 10 or more league games in 20 straight seasons.
Notes and Anecdotes – Liberty vs. Jacksonville
• Liberty and Jacksonville will be meeting for the third time this season. The two teams split the regular season series, with each team winning on the road.
• Liberty enters the matchup on a three-game winning streak, closing the regular season with victories over Kennesaw State, NJIT and North Alabama.
• Jacksonville lost its last two regular season games, falling to North Alabama and FGCU.
• Liberty has now won 10 or more conference games in 20 straight seasons. The Lady Flames won 10 games in their first season in the ASUN and 10 or more league games in the Big South the previous 19 seasons.
• Liberty sophomore Bridgette Rettstatt has a pair of 20+ point games over her last three contests. She is also currently sixth in the ASUN in rebounding (7.1 rpg).
• Redshirt sophomore Emily Lytle is Liberty's leading scorer at 12.1 ppg. Jacksonville is led by senior Jasmyn Brown (14.9 ppg)
• Liberty has advanced to the NCAA Tournament in 17 of the last 22 seasons with 17 Big South Titles. The Lady Flames are in search of their first-ever ASUN title.
• The Lady Flames are looking for back-to-back conference titles after winning the Big South Championship crown in 2018. Liberty defeated UNC Asheville 60-42 in front of its home crowd at the Vines Center on March 11, 2018.
• Liberty went on to face No. 3 seed Tennessee in the NCAA Tournament in 2018.
• Liberty bested North Alabama 62-48 on Senior Night, Tuesday at the Vines Center. Senior KK Barbour led all scorers with a game-high 17 points and made a career-high five three pointers on five attempts. She became the fourth Lady Flame in program history to make five triples in a game without a miss.
• Tatyana Crowder contributed six points on 3-of-5 shooting and grabbed five boards. Melis Ucar knocked down a triple late in the third quarter.
Liberty vs. the ASUN
• Liberty is 18-13 all-time versus ASUN Conference opponents (at the time of the meeting).
• The Lady Flames' most recent ASUN matchup prior to this season was a 70-27 victory over Lipscomb on Nov. 26, 2011 at the Vanderbilt Thanksgiving Tournament in Nashville, Tenn.
• Liberty owns an 11-7 record against current ASUN members, including wins over Jacksonville, Kennesaw State (2x), Lipscomb (3x), NJIT (2x), North Alabama (2x) and North Florida and losses to FGCU (2x), Jacksonville, North Florida and Stetson (3x).
On This Date
• Liberty is 6-1 all-time when playing on March 8, including 5-1 in conference tournament games.
• The Lady Flames' most recent March 8 contest was a 74-64 victory over High Point in the 2015 Big South Women's Basketball Championship title game in Conway, S.C.
• Liberty is 77-49 all-time in March, including 69-24 under Carey Green and 2-0 this season.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram