Tuesday – 4:30 p.m. COMPLETE BASEBALL NOTES Television Coverage: SEC Network+
LFSN Radio Coverage: 93.3FM ESPN Radio Live Stats: Tuesday
Quick Hits • Tuesday will be the first mid-week road contest for the Flames of the 2019 season, as they travel to Knoxville, Tenn. for a contest against the Tennessee Volunteers. It will be the first meeting between the two teams since 1977.
• Liberty has posted a 1-2 road record in the 2019 season. Liberty started 2019 at South Carolina. The Flames recorded a 11-16 road mark, last season.
• Liberty enters Tuesday's contest with a four-game winning streak. The Flames defeated the Wake Forest Demon Deacons, 9-3, this past Tuesday at Liberty Baseball Stadium, before sweeping Delaware in a three-game series in Lynchburg, this past weekend.
• Sunday, Liberty recorded its first shutout of the 2019, completing a three-game sweep of visiting Delaware. The Flames collected their double digit hit total for the first time this season with 12 hits.
• Tuesday will be only the second meeting between the Flames and Volunteers. Tennessee defeated the Liberty, 10-7, in the previous meeting, four decades ago, in 1977.
• The Flames are currently in the midst of a stretch where they will play eight of their next nine games at home. Tuesday's road game splits the eight home contests. This weekend, Liberty will host Maine in a three-game series, Friday-Sunday. In-state rival Virginia Tech will then visit Liberty Baseball Stadium, next Tuesday.
• Liberty joins the ASUN Conference for the 2019 season. The Flames have been picked to place third in their first season in the ASUN in the conference's preseason poll.
• 2019 will be head coach Scott Jackson's third season with the Flames. The Flames are 69-51 under Jackson.
Around the Diamond
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram