For the first time in program history, the Lady Flames swimming & diving team will host the Liberty Diving Invitational, held Friday and Saturday at the Liberty Natatorium.
Friday's program will begin with morning prelims, starting at 11 a.m., with divers from Liberty and VMI. Finals will be contested at 4 p.m. On Saturday, Liberty will compete against Virginia's divers in platform diving, with finals at 10 a.m.
The Liberty Diving Invitational will provide a final tuneup for the CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships, which Liberty will host Feb. 20-23.
Liberty's CCSA Weekly Honorees (2018-19) CCSA Swimmer of the Week – Fr. Gianni Pitto (Oct. 2, 2018; Jan. 22, 2019); R-So. Mikayla Herich (Oct. 31, 2018)
CCSA Diver of the Week – Fr. Olivia Robinson (Oct. 31, 2018, Jan. 29, 2019); Fr. Lauren Chennault (Nov. 13, 2018)
Liberty has the top performances in the CCSA this season in the following diving events: One-meter diving (6) – 282.75 (Lauren Chennault) Platform diving (5) – 229.58 (Olivia Robinson)
Team Notes • Liberty's divers have competed well lately, sweeping the diving events at each of the Lady Flames' last two meets (Jan. 19 at Georgia Southern, Jan. 25-26 vs. Campbell/Marshall).
• The Lady Flames have won the three-meter diving event each of the last six times it has been contested in dual-meet action.
• Liberty holds the top three scores in the CCSA in both one-meter diving and platform diving, led by Olivia Robinson, Lauren Chennault and Abigail Egolf-Jensen.
• The Lady Flames have qualified three individuals for the NCAA Zone Diving Meet, which will be held in Annapolis, Md., March 10-13. Robinson has qualified on all three boards, while Chennault has made the meet in one-meter and three-meter diving and Egolf-Jensen has qualified for one-meter diving.
Student-Athlete Notes • Freshman Abigail Egolf-Jensen won one-meter diving at UNC Asheville on Jan. 19, her first collegiate diving victory. Her season-best score of 277.35 qualified her for one-meter diving at the NCAA Zone Diving Meet, making her the third Liberty diver to qualify for that meet.
• Freshman Lauren Chennault earned victory in three-meter diving at Marshall on Nov. 10. Her score of 287.55 set a new program record and also earned her a spot at the 2019 NCAA Zone Diving Meet. She then scored a Zone-qualifying 282.75 to win a one-meter competition on Nov. 16 at the Liberty Invitational. Chennault won three-meter diving at FGCU, scoring 275.40.
• Freshman Olivia Robinson won the three-meter diving event at the All-American Celebration Meet, the first Lady Flame to win a diving event at a dual meet. Robinson has qualified for the NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet on all three boards, including a program-record score of 229.58 on platform on Nov. 18.
Meet Format Feb. 1, 2019
11 a.m. Women's one-meter and Men's three-meter diving prelims Followed by immediate finals
4 p.m. Women's three-meter finals Men's one-meter prelims followed by an immediate final
Feb. 2, 2019 10 a.m. Women's and men's platform
Up Next For the first time in program history, the Lady Flames will host the CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships, to be held Feb. 20-23 at the Liberty Natatorium.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram