Alicia Finnigan won the 100 fly on Saturday at the Liberty Invitational
Liberty moved into second place after a strong performance on day two of the Liberty Invitational, Saturday at the Liberty Natatorium.
Navy leads the five-team field with 1,921 points, followed by Liberty (1,267), James Madison (1,115), Campbell (1,051.5) and Georgia Southern (996.5).
Liberty A Finalists • 200 medley relay – 3rd place in 1:43.92 (Payton Keiner (26.44), Ricki Lee Hodges (29.46), Brittany Weiss (25.12), Colleen Donlin (22.90))
• Sr. Alicia Finnigan – 100 butterfly (1st place in 53.91)
• So. Lindsey Cohee – 100 butterfly (7th place in 56.60)
• Fr. Gianni Pitto – 400 IM (1st place in 4:21.76); 100 breaststroke (2nd place in 1:03.16)
• Fr. Emma Hazel – 400 IM (4th place in 4:30.35)
• R-So. Mikayla Herich – 400 IM (9th place in 4:39.88)
• Jr. Emily Zimcosky – 200 freestyle (6th place in 1:53.05)
• Jr. Hannah Baker – 200 freestyle (8th place in 1:54.18)
• Sr. Ricki Lee Hodges – 100 breaststroke (t-7th place in 1:05.93)
• So. Payton Keiner – 100 backstroke (2nd place in 55.97)
• Fr. Lauren Chennault –Three-meter diving (3rd place in 270.05)
• Fr. Olivia Robinson – Three-meter diving (4th place in 266.10)
• Fr. Abigail Egolf Jensen – Three-meter diving (7th place in 238.35)
• 800 freestyle relay – 6th place in 7:39.45 (Hannah Baker (1:54.78), Emily Zimcosky (1:54.06), Emily Manly (1:55.70), Mikayla Herich (1:54.91))
Notable • Prior to the evening finals, Liberty honored eight Navy seniors who recently received their service assignments in the military. The eight include Lauren Barber (Surface Warfare), Ellie Deglau (Medial Corps), Lauren Greenberg (Navy Pilot), Erin Jordan (Marine Corps Ground), Casey Lawson (Navy Pilot), Rachel Lee (Navy Pilot), Lauren O'Malley (Nuclear Surface Warfare Officer) and Ally Warnimont (Navy Pilot at United States Naval Academy).
• Liberty won two events tonight, giving the Lady Flames three individual-event victories on the weekend. Tonight, Alicia Finnigan (100 fly) and Gianni Pitto (400 IM) both turned in winning times. Last night, Lauren Chennault won the one-meter springboard diving.
• The Lady Flames earned a total of 13 A Finals appearances in individual events between swimming and diving tonight.
• Liberty will host the 2019 CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships, Feb. 20-23 at the Liberty Natatorium.
Historically Speaking • Chennault, Robinson and Egolf-Jensen hold the top three spots on Liberty's all-time top 10 list in three-meter diving. Egolf-Jensen improved her collegiate best score to 238.35 tonight.
• Pitto's 4:21.76 in 400 IM is ranked third on Liberty's program all-time 10 list in the event.
• Pitto moved into sixth place in program history with her 1:03.16 in the 100 breaststroke from this evening's A Final.
Up Next The Liberty Invitational concludes with day three, beginning with prelims of the 200 backstroke at 10 a.m. tomorrow. Finals start at 5 p.m. with the seeded final of the 1,650 freestyle and end with the 400 free relay.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram