Brittany Weiss placed second in the 200 IM at the Liberty Invitational.
The Liberty swimming & diving team is currently in third place after day one of the first-ever Liberty Invitational, Friday at the Liberty Natatorium.
The Lady Flames scored 511 points on the opening day, including one event victory and one program-record performance. Navy leads the five-team field with 821 points, followed by James Madison (555), Liberty (511), Georgia Southern (428) and Campbell (389).
Liberty A Finalists • 200 free relay – 3rd place in 1:33.56 [Payton Keiner (24.11), Hannah Baker (23.58), Brittany Weiss (22.96), Conlin Donlin (22.91)]
• Jr. Emily Zimcosky – 500 freestyle (6th place in 5:05.22)
• So. Arielle Arnett – 500 freestyle (7th place in 5:06.16)
• So. Brittany Weiss – 200 IM (2nd place in 2:02.79)
• R-So. Mikayla Herich – 200 IM (9th place in 2:09.03)
• 400 medley relay – 3rd place in 3:46.25 [Brittany Weiss (55.27), Gianni Pitto (1:02.37), Lindsey Cohee (56.75), Colleen Donlin (51.86)]
• Fr. Lauren Chennault – One-meter diving (1st place in 282.75)
• Fr. Olivia Robinson – One-meter diving (3rd place in 275.10)
• Fr. Abigail Egolf Jensen – One-meter diving (6th place in 253.43)
Notable • Lauren Chennault set a program record in one-meter diving, scoring 282.75 in the A Final, which meets the standard for the NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet. She has qualified for the Zone Meet in both one-meter and three-meter diving, as has Olivia Robinson. Chennault broke Robinson's previous record of 277.96.
• Chennault's victory tonight marked the first time in program history that a Lady Flame has won at the one-meter diving event. A Liberty diver has won three-meter diving each of the last three times it has been contested.
• Liberty earned third place in both relays on Friday, and completed seven total A Finals performances.
• Liberty will host the 2019 CCSA Swimming & Diving Championships, Feb. 20-23 at the Liberty Natatorium.
• This week's invitational gives teams a preview of a prelims-finals program that will be used at their respective conference meets.
Historically Speaking • Chennault (282.75) and Olivia Robinson (275.10) are now in first and second, in that order, in program history with tonight's one-meter diving scores. Chennault now holds both Liberty's one-meter and three-meter diving records.
• Allison Van Milligan (195.08) is now ranked 10th in program history in one-meter diving.
• Brittany Weiss' 2:02.79 is now ranked fifth on the program's all-time top 10 in the 200 IM.
• Liberty's 400 medley relay of Weiss, Pitto, Cohee and Donlin is now eighth in program history with its 3:46.25 tonight.
• Liberty's 200 freestyle relay of Keiner, Baker, Weiss and Donlin ranks ninth in program history at 1:33.56.
Up Next Day two of the Liberty Invitational begins at 10 a.m. with preliminary heats of the 100 butterfly and will also include the 400 IM, 200 free, 100 breaststroke, 100 backstroke and three-meter diving. Tomorrow evening's finals start at 6 p.m. with heats of the 200 medley relay and conclude with the 800 freestyle relay.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram