Colleen Donlin won the 50 freestyle for the seventh straight time in dual-meet action on Friday.
Liberty holds a 151-89 lead over the host Marshall Thundering Herd after Friday's opening day of a two-day meet at Fredrick A. Fitch Natatorium.
The Lady Flames (7-0) and Thundering Herd (0-2) are meeting for the fifth time, with Liberty holding a 4-0 all-time record against Marshall in swimming & diving.
Liberty Event Winners • 200 medley relay (Payton Keiner (26.37), Ricki Lee Hodges (30.04), Brittany Weiss (25.42), Colleen Donlin (23.17)) – 1:45.00 • Jr. Colleen Donlin – 50 freestyle (23.91) • Fr. Gianni Pitto – 400 IM (4:27.36); 100 breaststroke (1:05.64) • Fr. Olivia Robinson – Three-meter diving (6) (277.73) • Sr. Alicia Finnigan – 100 butterfly (56.31) • So. Payton Keiner – 100 backstroke (56.54) • 200 free relay (Payton Keiner (24.95), Hannah Baker (24.09), Brittany Weiss (24.32), Colleen Donlin (23.66)) – 1:36.66
Notable • Liberty won five individual swimming events, one diving event and both relays. Marshal won four individual swimming events and one diving event.
• The Lady Flames went 1-2-3 in the 50 freestyle (Donlin, Weiss, Emily Zimcosky) and 100 backstroke (Keiner, Zimcosky, Emma Hazel).
• Olivia Robinson broke her own program record in one-meter diving, scoring a 265.89, which meets the standard for the NCAA Zone Qualifying Meet. She is now qualified for the Zone Qualifying Meet in both one-meter diving and three-meter diving.
• Robinson has won three-meter diving at each of Liberty's last two meets.
• Gianni Pitto earned her fifth 100 breaststroke win in as many tries as a collegiate swimmer. She has totaled 12 individual-event victories so far this season.
• Colleen Donlin has won the 50 free at each of Liberty's last seven dual meets, a streak which started on Jan. 20, 2018.
Historically Speaking • In addition to Robinson's record-setting score in one-meter diving, Lauren Chennault improved her collegiate-best score to 252.01, which is third on the program's all-time top 10 in the event. Newcomer Kendal Irwin, in her first meet as a Lady Flame, entered 10th in program history in one-meter diving with a 167.63 score.
• Pitto (4:27.36) and Hazel (4:27.71) moved into seventh and eighth, respectively, in program history in the 400 IM.
• Allison Van Milligan is now 10th on Liberty's all-time top 10 in three-meter diving at 160.81.
Up Next Liberty and Marshall will wrap up this weekend's action at Frederick A. Fitch Natatorium tomorrow, with the Saturday session beginning at 11 a.m.