Margaret Latchford and Victoria Baptista will play their final home matches this weekend at the Vines Center.
Complete Match Notes NJIT at Liberty Match Date: Friday, Oct. 26 Match Time: 7 p.m. Live Video: ESPN+ ($) Live Stats: StatBroadcast North Alabama at Liberty Match Date: Sunday, Oct. 28 Match Time: 1 p.m. Live Video: ESPN3.com Live Stats: StatBroadcast Liberty (11-13, 7-3 ASUN) wraps up its home schedule with a pair of ASUN matches against NJIT (4-21, 2-8) and North Alabama (2-17, 0-10) this weekend at the Vines Center. The Lady Flames defeated both UNA and NJIT on the road in four sets in September. Liberty, in the midst of a four-match winning streak, has been home for the entire month of October. The Lady Flames' current four-match winning streak ties its longest of the season to date, as Liberty opened the ASUN schedule with four straight victories, Sept. 21-30. Both of those winning streaks have included wins over Jacksonville and North Florida.
Starting Rotation 1. Prior to Sunday's match, Liberty will honor its two seniors, Victoria Baptista and Margaret Latchford. These two players have provided leadership throughout their time at Liberty. Latchford is currently ranked fourth in program history with 1,655 career digs and has played in 417 consecutive sets. Baptista has collected nearly 500 digs in her two seasons at Liberty since transferring from Panola College in Carthage, Texas, before the 2017 season.
2. Liberty needs one more win to clinch a spot in the six-team 2018 ASUN Volleyball Championship, to be hosted by Kennesaw State, Nov. 15-17. KSU and FGCU have already secured spots in the conference tournament, while Liberty and Lipscomb both need one more win to qualify.
3. Trevor Johnson takes over the program after spending the last two seasons as top assistant and recruiting coordinator at Texas A&M. A very successful head coach at the NAIA level, he went 86-14 combined at Concordia (Calif.), leading the men's team to the 2013 NAIA national title.
4. Junior Casey Goodwin has been named ASUN Player of the Week twice this year. She scored a career-high 25 kills on Sunday against North Florida, becoming the 10th Liberty player in rally-scoring history with a 25-kill match.
5. Junior Kainah Williams posted a career-high 10 blocks last Friday against Jacksonville, the most blocks by a Lady Flame in a three-set match in the program's rally-scoring history. Williams and Kailey Macy (Oct. 5, 2018) are two of seven Lady Flames to post 10-block matches since 2001.
6. Junior Anna Gragg scored a season-high 13 kills at a .619 pace against North Florida on Sunday, joining classmates Kainah Williams (career-high 14 kills - .619 against FGCU) and Casey Goodwin (19 kills - .684 at Jacksonville) as Lady Flames to hit .600 or better this season. This is the first time since 2007 that three Lady Flames have posted a .600 match in a single season.
7. Liberty has outhit opponents, .267-.152, during ASUN matches this season, also checking in with 2.78 blocks per set.
Like Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
Follow Us on Instagram